Author Topic: NY: NY 5 in Buffalo  (Read 573 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:35:18 am
NY: NY 5 in Buffalo
« on: January 18, 2022, 05:50:57 pm »
Was there a consensus on the routing of NY 5 back when it was originally entered in the HB?

I am seeing the HB showing the EB (Church, Division, Elicott, Goddell) routing, while the signed WB (Pearl, Chippewa, Elmwood) routing seems to be what I see in OSM.

The routing of NY 5 in Buffalo seems to be the craziest thing the other side of Lancaster, PA...

Offline cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:43:37 am
Re: NY: NY 5 in Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 09:28:22 pm »
WB is Pearl-Chippewa-Elmwood. EB is Church-Ellicott-Goodell. Not only is that how it is signed, that is how it is in the logs.

The original route through Buffalo was Fuhrmann - Michigan - South Park - Main. First reroute came when the Skyway was built. When Main Street was pedestrianized, WB was moved mostly onto one-way (at the time) streets. This is the modern alignment. You could theoretically move EB to more closely match the WB routing now that Pearl Street was converted to two-way, but neither Buffalo nor NY has any interest.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 12:06:56 am »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:35:18 am
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 01:58:21 am »
I think I would rather leave PA 999 as-is instead of break the graph connection and make things look wonky.  I could technically truncate PA 999 at King St

I guess it is best for us to be using our judgements here as clearly shown and move on.