Author Topic: FL: FL 5 in West Palm Beach?  (Read 932 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
FL: FL 5 in West Palm Beach?
« on: July 20, 2021, 08:39:26 pm »
So I went for a run today along a loop in West Palm Beach, and I noticed a couple of FL 5 shields concurrent with US 1 near the FL A1A junction (point "FLA1A_For"). Should FL 5 be extended? According to OSM, the independent bit continues up to Belvedere Road and then it rejoins US 1, but I don't know if there's signage to support it (I'll let you know if there's FL 5 signage at the "OliAve" point on US 98 once I run that way).
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
Re: FL: FL 5 in West Palm Beach?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 08:43:15 am »
Update: No FL 5 signage at either "BelRd" on US 1 or "OliAve" on US 98. There also wasn't much US 98 signage either, but lots of FL 80.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:04:53 pm by the_spui_ninja »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 11:25:32 pm »
Taking a look at FDOT GIS data from 05/22/21, it says FL-5 ends pretty much right where I currently have it on the site.

I found one of those FL-5 signs along US-1 that you were talking about here.  I think those are just contractor posting errors since FL-5 is suppose to be hidden under US-1 & US-17 in the state except for that segment in West Palm Beach (FL-805 takes over under US-1 in this area) & Jacksonville (recently signed after US-1 was properly moved to I-95's C/D lanes in that area after recent construction).

On a side note, I might have to tweak that Jacksonville one some per this new signage I just found via StreetView from Jan '21.

Anyways, I think the West Palm Beach route doesn't need to be adjusted.

Offline formulanone

• Last Login:March 25, 2024, 05:01:03 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 11:39:58 am »
Yeah, I saw those last year and thought it was weird.

Another SR Easter Egg sighting is welcome.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 09:11:21 pm »
Taking a look at FDOT GIS data from 05/22/21, it says FL-5 ends pretty much right where I currently have it on the site.

I found one of those FL-5 signs along US-1 that you were talking about here.  I think those are just contractor posting errors since FL-5 is suppose to be hidden under US-1 & US-17 in the state except for that segment in West Palm Beach (FL-805 takes over under US-1 in this area) & Jacksonville (recently signed after US-1 was properly moved to I-95's C/D lanes in that area after recent construction).

On a side note, I might have to tweak that Jacksonville one some per this new signage I just found via StreetView from Jan '21.

Anyways, I think the West Palm Beach route doesn't need to be adjusted.
Once I did my second run and found no other signage, I came to that conclusion as well.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 02:19:57 am »

Finally remembered to deal with this.  Extended FL-5Jac up to the 'northern' part of the interchange with US-1/90, and added a point between the two parts of the interchange (@ Mary Street) to prevent a false multiplex here between the 3 routes.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5949