Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

usams: Mississippi State Highways

<< < (27/27)

rlee:
The official transition from MS 486 to MS 491 is at the intersection with CR 733. There would be no end state maintenance sign since the through road simply changes numbers. The county route connecting both parts of MS 491 is CR 729, but it intersects CR 729 south of the MS 486/MS 491/CR 733 intersection after taking the "scenic" route almost into Kemper County to get there. The direct route would be to sign CR 733 as "To 491". But based on the condition of the road, it likely can't handle routine truck loads. The result is a number of "To" signs on both MDOT's MS 486 and 491 and Neshoba's CR 729 to avoid confusion and keep trucks off of CR 733.

--- Quote from: formulanone on January 14, 2024, 11:45:02 am ---I was poking around GSV on MS 486 and MS 491 east of Philadelphia, and found some "To" banners. They are near and along the intersection where 486 becomes 491 and vice-versa. GSV appears to be a recent update from 2023. 486 is posted in GSV from south of MS 16 but I can't find the little tag where State Maintenance ends.

Probably just going to have to field-check it one day.

--- End quote ---

osu-lsu:
MS 76 has been completed west to MS 25. I thought this was old news, but I drove it this afternoon.
Froggie, or someone else, needs to extend the coverage/line west from MS 23 to MS 25.

Markkos1992:
Yeah, looking upthread here the MS 76 extension is old news that in theory should have been done already.

Froggie should just be happy that my bailing on New Orleans means that I will not be finding tons of minor point revisions.

froggie:
It's on the to-do list.  A lot on the plate.

Markkos1992:
US 98:  ElkLakRd>-ElksLakeRd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version