User Discussions > Other Discussion

Region with most mileage is somewhere you've never lived?

(1/6) > >>

mapcat:
At some point earlier this month, my mileage in Kentucky surpassed my mileage in Ohio. Ohio's always been my top state, as it's been my home for 20 years (and the entire time I've actively kept track of routes travelled). I've never lived in Kentucky. It's about 2 hours away from my home at its closest point.

Who else has more miles in a region you've never lived in than you do in what you consider your home region?

oscar:
I have more mileage in Texas, where I've never lived, than in California (where I grew up, got my driver's license, and went to college) or Virginia (where I now live).

This includes preview systems. Just for active systems, California is behind Texas, Virginia, 18 other states (two of which I lived in, but only as a little kid), and 5 Canadian provinces.

mapmikey:
I have more mileage in North Carolina than either of the 2 states I've lived in since I got my driver's license in 1985 (SC - 8 yrs, VA - 28 yrs).

To be fair, I have all but a few miles of the primary routing there is in Virginia. Don't think if I added secondary mileage in Virginia I would catch North Carolina, where I have also driven a fair amount of secondary routes.

Since some people live in states with small amounts of primary mileage, a better question might be this, which surprises me whenever I think about my own answer:

What is an absurdly small amount of mileage you have in an adjoining state to you?

For me, I only have 883 miles in Kentucky.  This is because it is pretty far one-way from my house to anywhere in Kentucky, which is also never in my path on a longer trip I might take with my wife.  Contrast this with Ohio where I have 2716 miles.

mapcat:

--- Quote from: mapmikey on March 26, 2021, 07:41:45 pm ---Since some people live in states with small amounts of primary mileage
--- End quote ---

Sure, I figured this would be true for a decent number of people, although (at least) two from Virginia is pretty impressive. Virginia has almost 7000 clinchable miles, which is pretty hard to max out. It seems more likely that this would happen for someone from Maryland or Connecticut.

--- Quote ---a better question might be this, which surprises me whenever I think about my own answer:

What is an absurdly small amount of mileage you have in an adjoining state to you?

--- End quote ---

Is Ontario adjacent to Ohio? That's really the only one left where I don't have a lot of mileage (a little over 2000 out of 7500).

CharlotteAllisonCDTG:
I grew up in South Carolina (in fact, I lived in the Charleston area for about 25 years).  However, I have more mileage in Georgia.  I have lived here in GA since the end of 2011, but its mileage (active and preview systems combined) is 4041.30 miles. SC is only 3458.01.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version