Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: I-11 Nevada northern extension
« Last post by SSOWorld on Today at 09:09:37 am »
Most notably, nonzero signs for I-11 in NV already exist. The other examples cited have no signs within the given state.

I think it's fine to go ahead with.
Light I-444 in OK, I-345 in TX, I-105 going past I-605, etc...

TM - where we include unsigned US Interstates because traditions, exclude unsigned everything else because....
Other Discussion / Re: Security Certificate Expired Error (?)
« Last post by Jim on Today at 08:40:20 am »
Should be good now.
Other Discussion / Re: Security Certificate Expired Error (?)
« Last post by computerfan0 on Today at 07:32:37 am »
This issue is occurring again, at least for me.
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by cl94 on Yesterday at 09:47:57 pm »
Work had me in the Bay Area this week, so it was a good chance to knock out some of the little remaining mileage between here and there. I stress "little" because, with the seasonal passes and one of the Delta ferries still closed, there's next to nothing I haven't driven that doesn't require a big detour. Grabbed the northern segment of CA 84 and its ferry on Monday, detoured for some segments of CA 12, 29, 121, and 221 (full clinch) at the beginning of the drive home, and I was able to work in both CA 113 and the slightly-realigned CA 20 in Nevada County on a "more reasonable" route home.

On the rail side, I clinched the BART yellow line and eBART going to/from a conference. Counties, I made my first entrances into El Dorado, San Francisco, Sutter, and Yuba for 2024.

Decent chance that this is my last new mileage until my next work trip, which will send me to Idaho next month. Either way, I really like this "employer-sponsored clinching" thing.

It looks like my car-specific alternate user "a3" is done adding TM mileage.  I've tracked my travels in my 2015 Audi A3 since I bought it 5 1/2 years ago.  It finishes with 6573 TM miles from the 92,000+ miles I put on the car.  Its engine failed last week with only 101,000 miles on the car, and it's becoming clear it doesn't make sense to repair (which would require an engine replacement).

Not sure what I'll do next, as I wasn't planning financially for a car replacement any time soon.  I hate car loans in any circumstance, but when interest rates are what they are, it's especially unappealing to go much beyond what I could put toward a car from savings.

Ugh. That's no fun. I had to replace my car in late 2022 and interest rates have only increased since then.
« Last post by Jim on Yesterday at 09:14:08 pm »
It looks like my car-specific alternate user "a3" is done adding TM mileage.  I've tracked my travels in my 2015 Audi A3 since I bought it 5 1/2 years ago.  It finishes with 6573 TM miles from the 92,000+ miles I put on the car.  Its engine failed last week with only 101,000 miles on the car, and it's becoming clear it doesn't make sense to repair (which would require an engine replacement).

Not sure what I'll do next, as I wasn't planning financially for a car replacement any time soon.  I hate car loans in any circumstance, but when interest rates are what they are, it's especially unappealing to go much beyond what I could put toward a car from savings.
« Last post by computerfan0 on Yesterday at 02:26:34 pm »
Decided to take a bike ride to clinch the R184. It's near where I live and it's been irritating to see that big untravelled segment. The R214 will probably be next, whenever I get the time for it.
Sorry, forgot to switch usatr back to preview in the site update I ran earlier this morning.  It will be back in preview on the next site update.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: I-11 Nevada northern extension
« Last post by Duke87 on May 02, 2024, 09:25:28 pm »
Most notably, nonzero signs for I-11 in NV already exist. The other examples cited have no signs within the given state.

I think it's fine to go ahead with.
6-Month+ Highway Data Outlook / Re: DE: US 9 TRUCK (Georgetown) Realignment
« Last post by Markkos1992 on May 02, 2024, 06:19:10 pm »
The Project Website (https://deldot.gov/projects/index.shtml?dc=details&projectNumber=T202004601) is currently stating completion is between July and September 2024.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10