Author Topic: IL: some changes in mostly-western Illinois  (Read 3933 times)

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:Today at 01:02:48 am
Re: IL: some changes in mostly-western Illinois
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2021, 09:50:34 pm »
US 24:  IL29_S should be IL8/116.

IL 29:  US24/150 should be just US150.

IL 6:
1.  I would change I-474 to I-74/474.
2.  US150 should be 2.
3.  IL174 should be 5.
4.  IL40 should be 6.
5.  IL29 should be left alone for now IMO.
Exit #s on USA systems are Collaborator discrestion.  Not required last time I checked. (Outside Interstates)
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:33:40 pm
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 10:44:26 am »
Exit #s on USA systems are Collaborator discrestion.  Not required last time I checked. (Outside Interstates)

Since Highway63 is adding them in IA and WI, I presume that they would be added here.  Besides, IL174 needs to be edited on IL 6 anyway.  (You could also make the case that I-474 should be "0" and IL 29 should be "9".)

Most of these changes seemed to be label errors from previous changes that were not caught to be fixed at that time.

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 01:02:30 pm »
Inconsistently.  Only a few of the highways in WI and IA were added.  My take is he's trying to verify them.
Completed:
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2021, 02:37:41 pm »
Inconsistently.  Only a few of the highways in WI and IA were added.  My take is he's trying to verify them.

You are correct in the subject of exit numbers.  My last sentence was talking about changes that were probably made years ago (which should have included the IL174 label on IL 6 back then).

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 03:57:58 pm »
What did you check?
Project contributors refer to the manual.
Choose the first type that applies.
2. 🔗 Exit numbers: If the highway has interchanges with exit numbers for itself.
This is what it's been since the CHM days.

What you're thinking of may be the situation with United States Numbered Highways.
In CHM, US Highways did not use (their own) exit numbers.
When development of the state systems began, the policy switched, to allow exit numbers on these new state systems. The exception for US routes remained.
In the early days, some state routes used numbers, and others followed the old way of doing things and continued using crossroad labels (or, exits weren't posted at the time, were later). Some were fixed early on, others lingered longer, still others remain now.
The US Highways are more where discretion comes in. Some people won't be down for the busywork of changing over long-established labels that were OK at the time they were created, and that's fine.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2021, 09:15:15 pm »
What did you check?
Project contributors refer to the manual.
Choose the first type that applies.
2. 🔗 Exit numbers: If the highway has interchanges with exit numbers for itself.
This is what it's been since the CHM days.

What you're thinking of may be the situation with United States Numbered Highways.
In CHM, US Highways did not use (their own) exit numbers.
When development of the state systems began, the policy switched, to allow exit numbers on these new state systems. The exception for US routes remained.
In the early days, some state routes used numbers, and others followed the old way of doing things and continued using crossroad labels (or, exits weren't posted at the time, were later). Some were fixed early on, others lingered longer, still others remain now.
The US Highways are more where discretion comes in. Some people won't be down for the busywork of changing over long-established labels that were OK at the time they were created, and that's fine.
fair enough.
Completed:

*Previously completed

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 11:00:05 pm
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 01:16:31 am »

I am TRYING to not break everything at once. Iowa highways with significant stretches of exit numbers are in the hopper. Like with Wisconsin, I am trying to do things in batches and put down smaller fires rather than face a towering inferno. I haven't come back to sending more since the 20th, and that's on me.

After getting a blister the size of Maine after the QC meet, a couple activities that ate free time before work, a 3-hour shopping trip, and trying to throw myself into bed early this week to get up for a 5K Sunday (which, by the timestamp of this post, you will see I am also failing at), I should have some extra time next week - well, except for the part where I get sedated for a medical procedure.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:04:04 am by Highway63 »

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2021, 11:30:09 am »

I am TRYING to not break everything at once. Iowa highways with significant stretches of exit numbers are in the hopper. Like with Wisconsin, I am trying to do things in batches and put down smaller fires rather than face a towering inferno. I haven't come back to sending more since the 20th, and that's on me.

After getting a blister the size of Maine after the QC meet, a couple activities that ate free time before work, a 3-hour shopping trip, and trying to throw myself into bed early this week to get up for a 5K Sunday (which, by the timestamp of this post, you will see I am also failing at), I should have some extra time next week - well, except for the part where I get sedated for a medical procedure.

Well I hope your health is at least getting a little bit better in the meantime.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2021, 10:51:34 am »
After you review this post (https://forum.travelmapping.net/index.php?topic=3504.msg23450#msg23450), I am fine with ending moving forward to end this thread.

The label I mentioned on IL 100 that needs to be shortened is the most important thing there.

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 11:00:05 pm
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2021, 12:19:31 am »
I made it PDVRd.