Author Topic: MD: US 40 SCENIC, MD 144, US 40 ALT, MD 55, and MD 36 Point Concerns  (Read 1264 times)

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:50:30 am
US 40 SCENIC: 
1.  I think that 15MileCRd is too long of a label.
2.  The Pk labels for NatPike should be consistent (if not switched or changed).
3.  It looks like the hidden shaping point west of MD144_E should be replaced with a visible point at Western Pike.

MD 144 (Flintstone):
1.  Maybe replace the hidden point east of I-68(47) with a visible point at Old Mount Pleasant Rd?
2.  Is WinHilRd anything more than a driveway?  I think it should maybe be hidden.
3.  Should I-68(56) be BlaValRd instead?

US 40 ALT (Cumberland):
1.  Maybe replace the second shaping point west of MD669 with a visible point at the Amish Rd intersection.
2.  KampDr should probably be KempDr.
3.  Maybe replace the hidden point at Franklin St with a visible point at Valley St (ValSt).
4.  Is replacing the hidden point west of US40_E worth it?

MD 55:  I would consider making OldLoaRd hidden.

MD 36:  It looks like the fourth hidden point north of US40Alt_W should be replaced by a visible point at Frost Mine Rd (FroMineRd).

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:26:16 pm
Re: MD: US 40 SCENIC, MD 144, US 40 ALT, MD 55, and MD 36 Point Concerns
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 01:02:06 am »
US 40 SCENIC: 
1.  I think that 15MileCRd is too long of a label.
The waypoint labeling guidelines don't quite address this situation do they. I see your point though I am inclined to leave it be as "15MileRd" or "15MCRd" seem like less satisfying alternatives and it's not 100% clear that it's actually "wrong" as is.

2.  The Pk labels for NatPike should be consistent (if not switched or changed).
Yes. NatPike_W -> NatPike_E and NatPk_E -> McFRd. Neither in use, clean change.

3.  It looks like the hidden shaping point west of MD144_E should be replaced with a visible point at Western Pike.
Sure.

MD 144 (Flintstone):
1.  Maybe replace the hidden point east of I-68(47) with a visible point at Old Mount Pleasant Rd?
Meh, not worth the sacrifice of anatomical correctness this would incur.

2.  Is WinHilRd anything more than a driveway?  I think it should maybe be hidden.
Good call. Bye bye visible point.

3.  Should I-68(56) be BlaValRd instead?
This... could kinda go either way. It's in use, easier to just not mess with it.

US 40 ALT (Cumberland):
1.  Maybe replace the second shaping point west of MD669 with a visible point at the Amish Rd intersection.
Sure.

2.  KampDr should probably be KempDr.
Good catch.

3.  Maybe replace the hidden point at Franklin St with a visible point at Valley St (ValSt).
Sure.

4.  Is replacing the hidden point west of US40_E worth it?
Sure.

MD 55:  I would consider making OldLoaRd hidden.
Yeah that's also basically a driveway innit.

MD 36:  It looks like the fourth hidden point north of US40Alt_W should be replaced by a visible point at Frost Mine Rd (FroMineRd).
Sure.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 09:38:27 am »
Sure.

Looking at GitHub, I am seeing FroMinRd instead of FroMineRd.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:26:16 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 08:54:04 pm »

Yeah, both OSM and Google have that as "Frost Mines Road" which begets shortening the 5 character word to 3.

GMSV at the road's other two intersections is too low-res to read definitively but it does appear there may be some inconsistency between sign blades as to whether there is one Mine or multiple Mines.

It is also worth noting that the HLR document for Allegany County lists the cross road as Frost Mines Rd, plural (see second line from the bottom on PDF page 15).

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 07:14:17 am »

Yeah, both OSM and Google have that as "Frost Mines Road" which begets shortening the 5 character word to 3.

GMSV at the road's other two intersections is too low-res to read definitively but it does appear there may be some inconsistency between sign blades as to whether there is one Mine or multiple Mines.

It is also worth noting that the HLR document for Allegany County lists the cross road as Frost Mines Rd, plural (see second line from the bottom on PDF page 15).

Thank you for clarifying.  I am fine with it then.  Sometimes things get confusing between one and two words as well.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 11:53:38 am »
I should have noted here that the US 40 SCENIC changes activated a sharp angle error that I presume is a FP.