Author Topic: ROU: DN + E routes in Oradea  (Read 2375 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 02:46:16 pm
ROU: DN + E routes in Oradea
« on: December 27, 2019, 04:34:56 am »
@panda80: You've changed DN1 routing at Oradea in 2019. It was on the southern bypass in 2018 but goes through the center now. It's fine because it's dedicated and signed this way but there is no updates.csv entry!

I drove the southern bypass and entered downtown via Calea Aradului from the south. The DN79 wp of DN1 is downtown now, not in the south and the map shows that I had entered downtown from the east. I've reconstructed my routing now... Please make sure that all user relevant changes to active systems are mentioned on the update table! Better late than not at all.

E60 was also on the bypass one year ago and has changed without update entry.

I think that E79 routing at Oradea is also wrong (not your bad, it was already wrong in 2018). Romania does not move E routes onto bypasses (usually or generally?) nor motorways (generally!). E79 still goes through the town, see 2018 GSV. It seems to go via DN1 and DN76 as shown on GM.
I'm less sure about E671, see previous link (I guess that's wrong), but think that it's also through downtown as GM suggests. Also here.

Are there more relevant changes in Romania which are not mentioned in the update table?

Offline panda80

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:43:40 am
Re: ROU: DN + E routes in Oradea
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 04:55:53 am »
@panda80: You've changed DN1 routing at Oradea in 2019. It was on the southern bypass in 2018 but goes through the center now. It's fine because it's dedicated and signed this way but there is no updates.csv entry!

I drove the southern bypass and entered downtown via Calea Aradului from the south. The DN79 wp of DN1 is downtown now, not in the south and the map shows that I had entered downtown from the east. I've reconstructed my routing now... Please make sure that all user relevant changes to active systems are mentioned on the update table! Better late than not at all.

E60 was also on the bypass one year ago and has changed without update entry.

I think that E79 routing at Oradea is also wrong (not your bad, it was already wrong in 2018). Romania does not move E routes onto bypasses (usually or generally?) nor motorways (generally!). E79 still goes through the town, see 2018 GSV. It seems to go via DN1 and DN76 as shown on GM.
I'm less sure about E671, see previous link (I guess that's wrong), but think that it's also through downtown as GM suggests. Also here.

Are there more relevant changes in Romania which are not mentioned in the update table?

Tried to mention all user relevant changes in updates.csv, but it seems I missed this one. I think a reason why E roads are not routed on motorways is the speed limits on DNs. A DN which is an E road has a speed limit of 100, the other ones 90. So if the E route get's routed on the motorways, it means the speed limit on the DN drops from 100 to 90. For bypasses there is no general rule, but for most cases it takes some time before the E route gets moved. For older bypasses (like Alba Iulia or Ploiesti) the E route takes the bypass, for newer ones not (like Oradea or Caracal).

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 07:31:41 am »
it seems I missed this one.

Add it please. For DN1 and E60. Date is up to you but I think we are save and most user-friendly when you enter today (or tomorrow etc. depending on when you add the entry).

A DN which is an E road has a speed limit of 100, the other ones 90.

Interesting, didn't know!

For older bypasses (like Alba Iulia or Ploiesti) the E route takes the bypass

We have E81 through Alba Iulia though. And I think it's right as it's signed (I think I've reported one year ago that only the bypass is missing).

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 02:55:12 am »
Thanks for the changes: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/3463

What's the result of your research that you didn't change E671?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:56:40 am
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 11:00:19 am »
For older bypasses (like Alba Iulia or Ploiesti) the E route takes the bypass, for newer ones not (like Oradea or Caracal).
Which is weird, because it means that the new bypass has a speed limit of 90, rather than 100. And it's not like the original route has a 100 limit along most of it, what with being in the town.

There's also places where the E Road could go on the motorway for a few km (which it should do per the 'AGR' Agreement that defines E Roads), and only a small amount of DN road gets a speed limit lowered as the rest is reduced urban limits anyway.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
Re: ROU: Missing update entries or alt labels
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 03:32:13 am »

I recently saw that a user with a lot of mileage in Romania has many errros in the user log.

I checked the first RO lines:
Code: [Select]
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU E58 D19_W D19_E
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU E81 CenBuc_W CenBuc_E
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU E574 DN1/73 DN2G
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU E574 DN6 A1
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU E583 DN2 DJ282C
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU DN1A DN1_W CenSac
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU DN7 ROU/HUN A1/73
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: ROU DN18 DJ109F/185 StrCri

The incorrect wp labels of E58 did still exist in late 2018. Please check whether an update entry or alt labels are missing.

The E81 alt labels were already removed by Si in 2017, by accident?
Please check the wp location and add alt labels if it's still the same interchange.

All E574 labels did still exist in late 2018.
Please check whether an update entry or alt labels are missing.

Both E583 labels did still exist in late 2018.

Both DN1A labels did still exist in late 2018.

Both DN7 labels did still exist in late 2018.

Both DN18 labels did still exist in late 2018.

It's not just about that user - it's just an example - but in general. We must be careful with active systems and avoid breaking user list files.

We do only have eight travelers in ROU. Only Emma and you do still have invalid entries, but that's your problem :)
I haven't checked TUR nor MAR.

Edit: There are no additional user list files with any ROU entry.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:41:27 am by michih »

Offline panda80

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 04:36:18 am »
Done the alt labels. My log file contains just roudj errors, I will correct them all when roudj will be finally reviewed, as there will surely be also other corrections till the end.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 04:52:10 am »
Thanks. Keeping topic open till E671 is done.

Offline panda80

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 05:17:59 am »
Thanks. Keeping topic open till E671 is done.

Done also.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 12:18:51 pm »

Offline panda80

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 01:02:19 pm »

Offline michih