Author Topic: usava (Virginia State Highways)  (Read 37433 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
Re: usava (Virginia State Highways)
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2017, 02:42:13 pm »
I think it's because the Virginia routes are in the 'preview' stage.  We've been throwing around just copying over all of the VA-7 file into the 'Fwy' file till we active the system.  Same thing is happening with VA-28.

@mapmikey @froggie @Jim

This is probably the single most common question I get from people when submitting list files.  Unless usava activation is imminent, could we extend the versions on usansf to reduce that confusion?

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 11:01:14 am »
On that note, besides the rest of my peer review (which I admit has been bogged down to to work/home/school priorities), is there anything else preventing usava from being activated?

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 11:59:35 am »
It has been in preview for almost 14 months, so I think many of the problems have likely been worked out as people have been adding the routes to their list files.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:05:07 am
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2017, 03:56:57 pm »
I have submitted a few issues here and there, but I did not want to impede but so much into Froggie's review.

Mark AKA 74/171FAN

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2017, 02:29:33 pm »
I don;t think a review should have to be primarily done by one person. The more the merrier, I say.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2017, 02:43:50 pm »
At some point after preview has begun, and numerous reports have come in and been addressed, and over a year has passed, and the primary reviewer has more pressing obligations, activation ought to be considered.
Clinched:

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »
I'll go ahead and do a quick check below VA 100(where I believe Froggie stopped) for anything glaring for the moment so it can at least get activated.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 07:34:07 am »
Don't do a "quick check".  Do a detailed check.  With that, I'd agree with that route (pun intended).

(as a side note to Jim and mapcat, this peer review began less than a year ago...look at the date I started this thread)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:37:53 am by froggie »

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2017, 11:14:10 am »
(as a side note to Jim and mapcat, this peer review began less than a year ago...look at the date I started this thread)

Fair point. I was going by the date usava went to preview (November 26, 2015) and assumed that your initial post included items you had noticed before February.
Clinched:

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 11:48:32 am »
Nope...was on February break that week last year and that's when I had started the peer review.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2017, 10:32:32 pm »
I think my biggest confusion with the rules still seems to be the shaping points from what I have seen going through all of these rural VA routes.  (any route with shaping point confusion has an asterisk beside it)

This post contains VA 100 (I found a few issues here)-VA 69.  I did not realize that I could not copy hyperlinks directly from MS Word to here so be forewarned if the links are wrong or if I forgot one.

*VA 100: Shaping point at SR 794 should be for SR 784, but this is probably better served being moved to SR 749. Point at WooFarmRd should be for Pine Run Rd.  Shaping Point at TigLn should be replaced by one at nearby SR 622 to the north.
VA 99: Point at RaiAve should be for RanAve (Randolph Ave)
*VA 97: Shaping Point at LogLn (for Logans Ln) looks to be just for a driveway and is not at an intersection.
*VA 94: Possibly move shaping point from HorRd to nearby intersection at SR 815 if doable. Point at LeoRd (for nearby Leonard Rd) should be changed to SR 604 (name looks to be Mount Olive St from GSV but I cannot verify that).  Shaping Point for BulRd (Bullet Rd) is not at the intersection but could maybe be put at nearby SR 602. StrHolRd shaping point should be moved to nearby SR 738.  Point at SR 658 should maybe be for SR 743
VA 93:  NC/VA line point needs to be recentered.
VA 92: Should the End point be marked as closed due to the Roanoke River Bridge closure?
VA 91 BUS (Glade Spring): Not sure if the road it intersects at SR 1309 is Crescent Dr or Crescent Rd (according to VDOT Traffic Logs)
*VA 91: EdmLn label should probably be changed to be for Liberty Hall Dr. The labels for the shaping points at ShaRd and MaiRd could be removed more than likely.  Besides if I drive the gravel section, why would I not do it all at once?
VA 86: Point at College Park Dr (ColParkDr) is barely off.
*VA 83: Shaping point at Cedar Rd should probably be moved to nearby SR 631.    Point at SR 750 should be for SR 718.  (other unsure shaping points-GolWaveDr and EnoBraRd (this could be moved to nearby SR 642))
*VA 80: Point at RivChuRd should probably be renamed to reflect N Fork River Rd as that is the more important road there it seems.  RavRidRd looks to be a trail entrance/sight-seeing spot so I guess it should stay?? Shaping point at BalDr is not at a road and could probably be replaced by one at nearby Coxtown Rd.  GarHoleRd seems to be a trail entrance as well.
VA 78:  Main St point should probably stay based on this seeming to be an old US 23 Bus routing.
VA 74:   All of the points are off slightly but 11th St is by far the worst
*VA 72:  The postings around Coeburn show it using Front St (NB) and 2nd St (SB) to the US 58 ALT Bypass then follows that back to VA 72.  (Traffic Logs still show it going through Coeburn via its current routing with VA 158). Shaping Point at Edna Rd does not seem to have a good replacement.
*VA 71: Icicle Dr (IciDr) is for a driveway though a point should maybe be added for SR 671 due to the zoo.  Point at Addington St should be moved to SR 680. Shaping point at SerLn could possibly fit better at nearby SR 686 or SR 611.  SR 784 point (not really a road it seems) should be moved to nearby SR 604.  OldFortCir point could fit at Gray Farm Rd??  US19Bus point needs to be recentered.
*VA 69: Is HapRd shaping point label necessary?

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:31:39 am
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2017, 08:32:32 pm »
Just started a two week vacation but will take a look at all feedback when I return.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2017, 09:33:46 pm »
Mike-I remember you mentioning the two week vacation.  I am just getting it done now.  This post covers VA 63-VA 39.

VA 63 Truck(St Paul):  This seems to just follow VA 63.  Could this just be deleted entirely?
VA 63: SR616_Haz Point should be changed to SR 657SR 652 should maybe be moved to Dyers Chapel Rd though SR 643 should be recentered anyway.
*VA 61: CorHolRd may be a driveway but it is not at the right spot anyway.  LamDr and ChrHolRd seem to be unnecessary shaping points. US 52 points should be S and N instead of E and W.  OldWolfDr should be recentered.
*VA 57: SoaRd should be for Iron Belt Ln (SR 789).  A point should be added at SR 701 near Fieldale. (connects to US 220) Shaping point at OakGroLn should be replaced with one at Hunts Town Rd or SR 612.
*VA 56: Driveways seem to be at NarPasLn. FishHatLn is not at that intersection.  Should NorForkRd just be ForkRd? US29Bus_N should maybe be recentered.  WilCreRd should be MeaCreRd (for SR 604/Meadow Creek Rd).
*VA 55: Shaping point at BobLn is not at that intersection.  IndRocRd and NatWayLn may be for driveways.  Note that there may be changes necessary soon at the north end of the concurrency with US 340/US 522.
*VA 53: Other points may be fine (JefLakeDr may be a private road) due to tourist attractions, but point at US 15 may need to be recentered unless that is the location of the roundabout currently under construction.
*VA 51:  Maybe try to replace the shaping points with roads that connect to US 58 BUS
*VA 49: Replace shaping point at BurRd with ones at SR 609 (Trottinridge Rd and/or SR 701 (Wilbourne Rd).  Maybe replace shaping point at SubStaRd with one at SR 698 to the south.
*VA 47: RetFarmLn shaping point may be unnecessary, should be for Sunrise Ln anyway 
*VA 46: WooLn seems to just be a driveway
*VA 45: US15/460 point does not reference the BUS routes that VA 45 actually intersects here.  EarSt point could be represented at River Rd nearby. CarRd (Cartersville Rd) should be CarExt (Cartersville Ext).
*VA 43: Driveway seems to be at KiraLn.  RockHolRd shaping point should be replaced with one at nearby SR 723 (Skinnell Mill Rd)
*VA 42: US 52 points should be S and N instead of E and W.  (Shaping Points-SkyLarkLn, SprCreRd, NorAve-New Castle)
(Harrisonburg): BraSt shaping point could be replaced with one at SR 720.  MusCreRd point I am unsure what the road name is (I would suggest to just name it SR809 and recenter.) CanAve point should be changed to reflect MLK Jr Way.  (Shaping Points-RedHillDr, JacTr)
VA 41: VA 293 point needs to be recentered. 
*VA 40: RaiSt (Railroad St) shaping point seems to not be much of a road.   Maybe replace LynAve point (may not be at a road) with one at nearby SR 600 (Dog Creek Rd).  WicRd seems to be a driveway.  Replace VirSt shaping point with one at nearby SR 727.  TwoFarLn should be moved to nearby SR 709.  GrerRd should be GreRd (Greenfield Rd).  OldCreRd should be for Owl Creek Rd.  Should TraRd even be one at all?  ThoDr is not at correct intersection. 
*VA 39: SR 600_S needs to be recentered onto the correct location.  Shaping point at RivRd is not at an intersection.  MareRunTrl (I am unsure that this is a public road).  PaxDr label is probably unnecessary.  BraRunRd should just be BraRun

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2017, 04:47:40 pm »
This post covers VA 36-VA 13.  The next post will cover the rest.

*VA 36: Should ColAve be VA 327?  Note that points for VA 36 through downtown Petersburg may be tricky. For consistency with VA 144, possibly add a point at Puddledock Rd.
*VA 35: GarHillRd should be GarMillRd (for Garris Mill Rd).  SouSt (for South St) should be moved to nearby Deloatche Ave.
*VA 33: LeaAve should be LeiSt.  Mosby should be MosbySt and should be slightly recentered. Saw some shaping point concerns near Deltaville.
*VA 32:  Consider adding a point or two between the NC/VA line and US 13 (not sure where one could go offhand, obviously any Suffolk points with SRs can be changed).  Shaping point at PemLn could be replaced with one at Everets Rd (old SR 603). Do the points at US 258/VA 10 need to be redone due to the new intersection configuration?
*VA 31: Shaping point at BraSt in Dendron should be replaced with a point at SR 618 to the northeast.  I would suggest a point at SR 637 on the south side of the ferry if VA 31 was not split into two lists.
*VA 30:  Replace shaping point at Dupont St in West Point with one at nearby Thompson Ave.  Shaping points at Olde Footpath Rd (SR 644) and SR 671 could be replaced with points at SR 604 SB (Dabneys Mill Rd) and SR 604 NB (Herring Creek Rd) respectively.  I am also not sure what name the point for DomPotBlvd (the Kings Dominion point) should be.
*VA 28: Replace shaping point at SR 843 with one at nearby SR 605.  Replace SilCt shaping point with one at the ramp to Wellington Rd. Maybe delete shaping point label at Church St (ChuSt) replaced with a point at the Sudley Rd/Prescott Ave intersection.  Should ManDr (Manassas Dr) be changed to VA 213 despite it being unsigned?  A point should probably be added at New Braddock Rd.
VA 27: Does VA 27 really have two interchanges with VA 244 (or what was VA 244)?
*VA 24: Replace shaping point at 4th St with one at 3rd St (looks to be a recommended Truck Route).  Replace shaping point at SheDr with one at SR 635 (Lovers Ln).  Maybe replace shaping point at BraRd with one at SR 801 to the west. Point for SR 811 should be for SR 709.  Replace shaping point at HalfMoonLn with one at SR 615 (Red House Rd).  Replace VilHwy shaping point with one at nearby SR 646.
VA 20 BUS (Orange): It seems to be that MayFraeAve should be MayFrayAve.
*VA 20: ChaLn seems to be a driveway.  MakRd should maybe be Maxeys Rd (MaxRd). Replace shaping point at PebDr (Private Road) with one at SR 742 (Avon St Ext) or Mill Creek Dr.  StoPoiRd point should be for SR 600 (Watts Passage). (BarSetDr-Not a Road) It looks like a point was supposed to be at SR 629(LaHore Rd).  Replace shaping point at OakLakeDr with one at SR 611 to the east.
*VA 18: *(Shaping points should be fine-SR 607, VinePatRd, ParLn).  Maybe replace shaping point at TroSt with one at nearby Pitzer Ridge Rd/Gilliam St. (except that this point already exists at another intersection to the west, maybe call this GillSt)
*VA 16: DoeLn is not at a road.  CarDr point should be moved to Upper Valley Rd (SR 604).
*VA 14: HornHalRd should be for Sand Bank Rd (SR 602).  SR606_Glo? In Mathews County.  Switch point at PopGroLn to SR 613 (Beaver Dam Rd).  Suggest replacing shaping point at LoveLn with one at SR 626 (Ridge Rd) nearby.  SR 605 point should be for SR 604. (see VA 3). Heartquake Trail and Mill Pond Rd seem to be driveways.
*VA 13: Maybe replace MouMorRd point with maybe one nearby at SR 630.  Maybe replace HatRd shaping point with one at SR 621.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2017, 09:46:42 pm »
This post covers VA 10-VA 2.

*VA 10: Shaping point at PemLn could be replaced with one at Everets Rd (old SR 603). Do the points at US 258/VA 32 need to be redone due to the new intersection configuration?  Point at SR 634 (HighGate Rd) needs to be moved to the west slightly.  The point at VA156Bus_W should be VA156Bus_S.  I remember mentioning before that the shaping point at GillSt would be better served at SR 609 (Old Centralia Rd) or SR 616 (Curtis St/Osborne Rd), but I believe that it was outside tolerance.  Should IroBlvd point (at SR 632) be for SR 632 (Lewis Rd) instead? A point could be added at SR 655 (Beach Rd/Lori Rd). (Maybe SR 604/Courthouse Rd or Whitepine Rd though the latter would only be for the Chesterfield County Airport.)  Note that there are currently no points between VA 288 and VA 150.  Either replace BelRd (W Belmont Rd) point with WBelRd (due to confusion with the nearby Belmont Rd), but a point at Walmsley Blvd seems to be preferable anyway due to a direct connection to VA 150 via Belmont Rd.

VA 9: The VA/WV point needs to be recentered.  Though for WV 9 I noticed a possible extension of WV 115 using its old route east of US 340 but that is its own topic.

*VA 8: Replace MemLn point with one at nearby SR 653.  (no road at RocBraRd)  Replace shaping point at Ashby Dr with one at Wayside Rd nearby.  ParRd point should be moved to Parkview Rd.  (HomRd shaping point should be for Little Camp Rd???)  Replace shaping point at AveLn with one at nearby SR 693. 

VA 7: CityCenPkwy should be CityCenBlvd. Maybe a point at SR 660 due to the ramp to/from VA 7 EB.  The points at Piccadilly St and Fairfax Lane in Winchester need to be redone due to a roundabout there now.

VA 7 Bus(Purcellville): VA 287 and DryMillRd may need to be recentered.

*VA 6:  Point at SR 640 should be SR 840 (page 32 of PDF-also affects VA 151). VA639 should be SR 639.  SwiDr point is not at a road?  Replace shaping point at Canal St in Scottsville with one nearby at Poplar Spring Rd.  Replace shaping point at SR 651 with one at nearby SR 671 to the west.  Replace point at StoMillRd with one at nearby SR 676.  Maybe add points at West Creek Pkwy just west of VA 288, Lauderdale Dr, and/or Pump Rd.  Is a point preferable at Horsepen Rd or Three Chopt Rd?  Is I-195 point at the right place considering the access to VA 6 only seems to be on the right side?

*VA 5: HarLakeRd label is probably pointless with SR 640 and SR 609 nearby.  Possibly replace shaping point at SR 616 with one nearby at Sturgeon Point Rd (SR 614).  Holly Point Rd is private?  Was the SR 614 done this way on purpose due to the two intersections? Replace shaping point at SaiGeoBlvd with one at SR 615 (Ironbound Rd). (Unsure point-MillNeckRd)

*VA 4: Move shaping point at SunBlvd to nearby SR 616.

*VA 3: SR 605 point should be for SR 604. (see VA 14)  VA 200 points should be S and N at duplex. HeaRd is not at an intersection.  SR 602 should be SR 692.  Possibly move Court Square Point to Polk St (SR 622)  VA 205_E is off the intersection.  (LauLn (not at the intersection) point could be replaced at nearby intersection with Round Hill Rd to the west or SR 647 to the east.  Points at SR 609 and SR 607 look slightly off.  Point at FleOrcRd should be changed to reflect Fletchers Chapel Rd.  Replace SheForRd with one at nearby SR 601.  Maybe a point on VA 3 just west of I-95 (definitely Salem Church Rd as it connects to VA 208). (Unsure shaping points that may be at driveways-WooLn, SanSprRd, WinAcrRd)

VA 2:  (includes US 17 Bus)  I am not 100% sure of the routing between VA 3 and US 1 Bus.