Author Topic: usaca: California State Highways  (Read 134801 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:36:37 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: usaca (California State Highways), preview system
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2017, 06:39:36 am »
I believe I had drafted what you have as CA 14 Truck as I-5 Truck, and a separate CA 14 Truck connecting CA 14 to I-5 Truck back when I first drafted usaca.
Whether the proper CA 14 Truck is included or not is up to you (I'd include it), but I do think I-5 Truck should stay (preferably as I-5 Truck) because of the exit to CA 14U.

What you had as CA 14 Truck is just a pair of ramps between the truck route alongside I-5 and the CA 14 mainline. Caltrans doesn't treat it as a separate route. I treat the ramps as just part of larger CA 14/I-5/truck route interchange.

Offline rschen7754

• Last Login:February 28, 2024, 12:49:09 am
    • Rschen7754
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 10:41:59 pm »
CA 56 has a segment east of I-15 that probably shouldn't be there. The bridge logs don't have it (http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/structur/strmaint/brlog/logpdf/logd11.pdf) and the postmile query tool cuts off just east of the interchange (https://postmile.dot.ca.gov/PMQT/PostmileQueryTool.html?)

It's probably included in TM since legislatively the route goes all the way to 67, but I don't think that any part of the city-maintained part of Ted Williams Parkway was ever added to the state highway system.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2017, 07:33:24 am »
CA 56 has a segment east of I-15 that probably shouldn't be there. The bridge logs don't have it (http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/structur/strmaint/brlog/logpdf/logd11.pdf) and the postmile query tool cuts off just east of the interchange (https://postmile.dot.ca.gov/PMQT/PostmileQueryTool.html?)

It's probably included in TM since legislatively the route goes all the way to 67, but I don't think that any part of the city-maintained part of Ted Williams Parkway was ever added to the state highway system.

Good catch. I'm on the road, will follow up when I get back home.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 03:48:21 pm »
CA49 wpt file misses a line break in line 71. There are currently 2 wp in one line, see at the end of this list:

http://tm.teresco.org/logs/unusedaltlabels.log :)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 05:29:26 pm »
CA49 wpt file misses a line break in line 71. There are currently 2 wp in one line, see at the end of this list:

Thanx. I just got back home from Canada. Especially since CA 49 has another issue flagged earlier, I'll try to fix  both as soon as I've recovered from my trip.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2017, 06:32:29 pm »

Thanx. I just got back home from Canada. Especially since CA 49 has another issue flagged earlier, I'll try to fix  both as soon as I've recovered from my trip.

It's an easy fix - I just made it.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2017, 09:05:16 pm »
A pending update will fix the out-of-order points for CA 49 in Angels Camp, spotted by mapcat. Also, CA 56 will be truncated back to I-15 -- the freeway extends a little east of I-15, but not as a state highway. The long CA 20 should be in final form, hopefully removing one of the broken concurrencies with an active route that showed up as an active-routes Datacheck error.

One question about CA 49, which I'm still finalizing (but a partial update is pending) -- there is a lot of confusion about its routing in the I-80 area, especially in Mapnik/OSM. The pending update has CA 49 intersecting I-80 only at exit 119B, with no concurrency to exit 119C, as indicated by Caltrans' April 2017 bridge log for I-80. Those of you familiar with the area, please comment on whether I got the routing right.  EDIT: The CA 49 update in the I-80 area is in the HB. As I finished work on the rest of the file, I made another change to CA 49s routing in the I-80, which includes a short multiplex with I-80 between exits 119B and 119C. That revision will be in my next pull request, as well as the rest of my edits to the northern part of CA 49.

Also, a note on the next update, which will affect the west end of CA 178's Shoshone segment, for the four users (besides me) who've clinched the route. The west endpoint is currently labeled DeaValNP. The next update will relabel that point End, and add a new DeaValNP point at the park boundary. This is a case where the state highway was there first, then the park expanded, including part of the state highway but not taking it away from Caltrans.

EDIT: One more -- the CA 168 route file will have relabels at both its west and east ends, some other exit numbers near its west end, and some intermediate waypoints. Online mapping is particularly confusing on road names, so I had to use GMSV to sort out name conflicts. That updated route file is also in my queue, for later today.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:24:46 pm by oscar »

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 09:50:25 am
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2017, 10:03:41 pm »
I humbly and respectfully request a point for CA20 @5thSt in Colusa, to match CA45, which has a point at that location (I turned around at that spot after seeing the court house).

Clinched:

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2017, 10:17:25 pm »
I humbly and respectfully request a point for CA20 @5thSt in Colusa, to match CA45, which has a point at that location (I turned around at that spot after seeing the court house).

Done in my local copy.

Offline rschen7754

• Last Login:February 28, 2024, 12:49:09 am
    • Rschen7754
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »
The widening of SR 76 to a four-lane expressway from Gird Road to I-15 is now complete: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/communities/north-county/sd-no-highway-construction-20170515-story.html

The GirdRd point needs to be moved a bit further south and some other points may need to be reevaluated.

Offline dfilpus

• Last Login:Yesterday at 05:19:50 pm
    • Filpus Roadgeek
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2017, 10:58:54 pm »
CA 180 is signed (not not state maintained) through the Grant Grove section of King's Canyon National Park. It does end where the road enters the Cedar Grove section of the park.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2017, 11:19:32 pm »
CA 180 is signed (not not state maintained) through the Grant Grove section of King's Canyon National Park. It does end where the road enters the Cedar Grove section of the park.

Yeah, I saw the signs, which caused me heartburn when I reluctantly decided to split the route at Grant Grove. The legislative definition is not as clear as for CA 120, but Caltrans' view is that CA 180 officially ends at one side of Grant Grove, and resumes (along with its postmiles, which are absent from Grant Grove) on the other side before its final end at Cedar Grove.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2017, 02:01:21 am »
resumes (along with its postmiles, which are absent from Grant Grove)
I would ask about yadda yadda, but...
Postmiles reset at county lines, right?
There is a county change involved on the gap between the Fresno and Cedar Grove sections, right?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2017, 12:14:30 pm »
resumes (along with its postmiles, which are absent from Grant Grove)
I would ask about yadda yadda, but...
Postmiles reset at county lines, right?
There is a county change involved on the gap between the Fresno and Cedar Grove sections, right?

Yes. There's also some zigzagging along a county line just west of the Grant Grove segment of the park, but IIRC Caltrans overlooks that to keep the postmiles in sequence.

If you're asking whether the postmiles in the Cedar Grove section say something about whether the non-postmiled road through Grant Grove is counted as part of CA 180 ... good question to which I don't yet have an answer. But I plan to be back up there in a few days, and will try to nail that down.

Also while I'm out here, I'll have to look at the backs of some route markers, to see if there are any stickers indicating who posted the markers and when, like I've seen in other states. The CA 180 markers within the national park look authentic from the front (unlike the obviously fake markers in Yosemite NP), but there are no stickers on the back.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2017, 02:40:20 pm »
I assume authentic = CalTrans & fake = NPS?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca