Author Topic: cansf: Canada Select Named Freeways  (Read 79692 times)

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:40:15 pm
Re: cannf: Canada Select Named Freeways
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2023, 08:15:47 pm »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/pull/745
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6381

Not sure if datacheck automatically looks at changes to the Web directory, or just looks at HighwayData. Either way, wouldn't mind it if someone looked through the changes before the update runs tonight.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:18:13 pm by mapcat »
Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2023, 08:37:28 pm »
datacheck only reads HighwayData & UserData.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2023, 09:00:46 pm »
Okay, thanks. I only changed 4 files in Web (3 of them .svgs) so there's not a lot to examine there. But ISTR a line in shieldgen.php referring specifically to ONDVP.svg and ONGAR.svg (using canonf names), yet I couldn't find anything this time. Is there any other file besides shieldgen.php needed to associate the correct shields with the route files?
Clinched:

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:04:25 am
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2023, 10:20:51 pm »
Okay, thanks. I only changed 4 files in Web (3 of them .svgs) so there's not a lot to examine there. But ISTR a line in shieldgen.php referring specifically to ONDVP.svg and ONGAR.svg (using canonf names), yet I couldn't find anything this time. Is there any other file besides shieldgen.php needed to associate the correct shields with the route files?

It might not happen tonight, but I'll take a look at this and if all looks good, first will try on tmdevel or tmstage.  If all looks good, I can install on the main site.  If it doesn't happen by, say, Monday, feel free to remind me.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 09:44:55 pm
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2023, 11:53:34 pm »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/pull/745
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6381

Not sure if datacheck automatically looks at changes to the Web directory, or just looks at HighwayData. Either way, wouldn't mind it if someone looked through the changes before the update runs tonight.

Just made my comment on GitHub.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:04:25 am
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2023, 11:53:25 pm »
I believe we're all good on this, both from the HighwayData and shield generator sides of things.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2023, 02:48:40 am »
Meh. Lots of non-freeway in the east, and signalized ramps @ the west end.
To be clear, I only meant the part that's currently a freeway. The interchange at the west end does allow for free-flowing traffic in two directions already and plans exist to eliminate the signals.
Yeah. I guess I'm just generally less enthusiastic about including the freeway portion of an otherwise longer facilty.
Good to hear about the interchange upgrade plans. remaining That E->N left-turn movement did give me pause for a second, but it doesn't conflict with any WB movements. It keeps left while the SB->EB traffic entering Airport trail is keeping right. Interesting...
Heck, if Highbury Avenue is included...

Main reason I had Highbury Ave was due to it being a former Ontario route, 126.  Plus, at one time, it was completely freeflowing.  They had a cloverleaf @ 401 till ~1994 per Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highbury_Avenue

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2023, 02:56:24 am »
Hwy 27:
Agree as 'Hwy-27'.  However........  This could be possibly added as a spur of ON-427, at least partially.

Why you may ask?  Well, it has 427's km markers along it.  Plus it has an 'END ON-427' shield just north of the ON-401 overpass.  And directly on the other side, there's the first SB ON-427 shield too.

Interesting. I completely misunderstood the OP's suggestion and thought that the proposal related to the route south of the QEW. As for that one, it would be really short if you're limiting it to the segment south of the END sign.

Anybody else with a comment on this?  Not sure if I should just make it as a separate ON427Tor file?  Probably could make the 'split' at the last collector ramp swap just south of the 'EriDr' SB ramps (and maybe move 'EriDr' to the new file because of this).

At least, maybe on the base ON427, I should convert that shaping point between 'ON401' & 'Hwy27' to a usable point (and recenter) for 'EglAve', due to the direct SB on/off ramps.

Also probably recenter 351 & 352 a tic on ON401 at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 02:58:58 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2024, 10:14:46 am »
Dougall Pkwy:
It was at one time considered part of ON-3B/ON-401A.  Guess we could add it.

Hwy 2A:
Was formerly part of the provincial system as ON-2A before downloading.  This is some of the last signage mentioning this fact.  Is also still called 'Highway 2A' along the EB Collector Lanes of ON-401, but doesn't get a mention going WB.  Honestly could go either way with me here.

Nikola Tesla Blvd (Hamilton):
Meh, I guess we could add it.  Not too thrilled about this one.

All 3 have been submitted.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7171

Also, on a side note, the Gardiner, DVP, & RR174 are being 'uploaded' back to the province (well, the DVP was never on the provincial books, and same goes for 'most' of the Gardiner).  Not sure when that will happen, and not sure if they'll gain new 400-series numbers (or normal numbers), or be continuations of the 400-series numbers they're connected to.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:18:32 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
Re: cansf: Canada Select Named Freeways
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2024, 04:54:06 pm »

If we're going with "used to be part of the system" as one of the criteria for inclusion, would you consider adding Hwy 109 (formerly part of ON409 on TM) from the end of ON 409 to Pearson Airport as well?
Clinched: