Author Topic: MI: MI153 E end relocation; Detroit-area tweaks/cleanup  (Read 4672 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
MI: MI153 E end relocation; Detroit-area tweaks/cleanup
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:46:25 pm »
2016-01-23;(USA) Michigan;MI 153;mi.mi153;Removed from McGraw St and Weir St between Wyoming Ave and I-94, and relocated onto Wyoming Ave between McGraw St and US 12.

http://clinched.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=2303
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/370

MI153:
Moved McGSt from McGraw & Weir to McGraw & Wyoming
I-94(210B) moved from Weir to Wyoming; deprecated in favor of I-94
US12 added

US12:
MI153 added
No new waypoints at Weir or Addison; that'd make the density a bit much...
LonSt, CecAve, LivAve, WestGraBlvd added. (Is WestGraBlvd a bit much?)
I-75 moved onto road centerline; deprecated in favor of I-96†
RosaParBlvd added

I-96:
+I-75_N moved to "middle of the central ramp triangle", and thus folded into...
US12, now conveniently also on US12 centerline. Label deprecated in favor of 191A, invoking the "Two separate interchanges numbered 6" rule.†
I-75_S +-> I-75

I-75:
Exit 48 repositioned.†

The I-96 changes above were partially motivated by my distaste for non-exit-numbered labels on interstates, where avoidable.
Which brings us to the case of the I-96 point on MI I-75. It's northbound Exit 48, separated almost a mile from southbound Exit 48, where the label 48 is used. I'm almost tempted to invoke a variant of the "Two separate interchanges numbered 6" rule and relabel it 48A, "Distinguish[ing] them by picking the next available letter suffix for the second interchange", where "second interchange" means the second one added chronologically. :)
This would result in exit-numbered waypoints out of numeric order, for which there are a couplefew precedents in TX. (There's at least one example of being out of alphanumeric order in KS, and I think maybe one in CT as well.)
I guess it comes down to, what do we regard as less ugly?
I haven't made a change to the file here; I'm just floating the idea before the group to see what y'all think.

-----

WRT Jim's graph algorithms:
Adds connection between I-75 & I-96, and I-96 & US12. Good!
Adds connection between I-75 & US12 which is not actually there.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
Re: MI: MI153 E end relocation; Detroit-area tweaks/cleanup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »
This one just missed getting into an update.  I might run one more tonight, but more likely I'll pull it in before running an update tomorrow.