Author Topic: KS: I-70 point wandering  (Read 820 times)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 04:13:11 am
KS: I-70 point wandering
« on: December 27, 2022, 11:39:25 pm »
I just happened to take a random look at I-70 in KS and happened to notice some major point wandering along it sadly, mostly probably from the original CHM days.

It starts @ Exit 45 and goes all the way to the MO border.

Some of the worse that were way out from the center points were Exits 253, 316, 318, 342, 343, 361B, 362A.

On a side note, 224(KT) probably could be split into a 224A(KT)/224B(KT) with the way it's been reconfigured since it was put on the site, since they added a completely separate 'PA Turnpike' style trumpet interchange set of ramps to the west of the original interchange.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: KS: I-70 point wandering
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 08:19:55 am »
I may do this eventually, but minor recenterings like this aren't a priority.
Would also have to edit every intersecting/concurrent route for every point changed; this can lead to getting pretty bogged down pretty fast. This bit might be a job for a script.

On a side note, 224(KT) probably could be split into a 224A(KT)/224B(KT) with the way it's been reconfigured since it was put on the site, since they added a completely separate 'PA Turnpike' style trumpet interchange set of ramps to the west of the original interchange.
This waypoint was already changed when the jct was reconfigured, on "parclo with one extra ramp" grounds. Also makes for a simpler graph connection, rather than having the US routes lave the freeway, travel along the trumpet ramp, and then join the surface roads.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca