Author Topic: Clinched Routes Highway Shields  (Read 79839 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
Re: Clinched Routes Highway Shields
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2021, 10:03:51 pm »
These Github tickets related to shields can probably be closed now ...

Thanks, closed.  And thanks for all the work improving the shields.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2021, 04:23:14 pm »
Should shields for double-bannered routes be shown in the opposite order, i.e. with the 1st listed banner on bottom & 2nd listed banner on top?
https://travelmapping.net/hb/showroute.php?r=tn.us070altbyphum
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2021, 03:02:23 am »
I think it should be.

Would also be better if we could instead have the shield show '70A' instead, due to that's how TN signs the base Alternate route(s).

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2021, 06:27:27 pm »
I think it should be.

Would also be better if we could instead have the shield show '70A' instead, due to that's how TN signs the base Alternate route(s).

This came up when the banners were introduced (starting at the below post on page 12), but I don't think there ever was an agreed-upon solution.

I've removed the extra letter from (all) usausb shields that shouldn't be in (most of) them.

The problematic cases are ones like US 20A in New York, which is signed as such rather than Alt US 20.  Not sure how best to handle those cases generically.  I could add a handful of special cases.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2021, 06:36:33 pm »
Easy enough to add if we can get an SVG-format version.
I got it down to a PNG, then tried to convert that to an SVG using an online converter and it didn't work (see attached).
Attempted this a second time with the logo I pulled off the website; don't think there's copyright concerns since it's just text with geometric shapes.
This topic coming up again reminded me of the Northwest Parkway again; I took the PNG from Wikipedia and used an online SVG converter to make the attached file. It's a little janky but at the scale we'd be using it for I think it would be fine.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2023, 08:51:23 pm »
Resurrecting this topic now that usams is in preview, is there any way to change the scenic routes to the blue shields and text/numerals? (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_Highway_333)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2023, 09:12:50 pm »
Resurrecting this topic now that usams is in preview, is there any way to change the scenic routes to the blue shields and text/numerals? (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_Highway_333)

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/748

I think we have what we need in place overall to be able to make this happen.  I will try to take a look some time fairly soon.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2023, 11:45:58 pm »
Would love to do this with FL's Toll routes.  However, we'd have to figure out how to deal with the few that use normal shields for part, and toll for the other part.

Either we would have to split the route, or figure out a way to display two shields at once.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2023, 08:27:05 am »
Would love to do this with FL's Toll routes.  However, we'd have to figure out how to deal with the few that use normal shields for part, and toll for the other part.

Either we would have to split the route, or figure out a way to display two shields at once.

Earlier discussion on this is in a GitHub Issue: https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/614

It's not currently a priority for me, but I'd be happy to provide a testing environment if anyone wants to take it on.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:37:39 am
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2023, 12:51:04 pm »

PA 66 and PA 43 would have the same issue. 

Offline dave1693

• Last Login:November 21, 2023, 11:28:54 pm
« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2023, 01:18:06 am »

PA 66 and PA 43 would have the same issue.

TECHNICALLY, so do I-376 and I-476 in PA -- but in the toll sections of those, the PA Tpk 376/476 signs are interspersed with standard I-376/476 signs so we could let those slide.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2023, 01:21:11 am »
TECHNICALLY, so do I-376 and I-476 in PA -- but in the toll sections of those, the PA Tpk 376/476 signs are interspersed with standard I-376/476 signs so we could let those slide.

So does I-76 occasionally.  But I would say these are contractor goofs for having those get posted.