Author Topic: NC: NC 12  (Read 1235 times)

Online mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:31:39 am
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: NC: NC 12
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 02:28:51 pm »

I guess I should have been linking directly to this map instead.  It looks like I linked to a different map before.

Anyway I thought it was implied that we had the north end too far north in the HB, and that it never actually went north of where the old END sign was.  The map just reinforces that IMO.

This new link you have shows the same as what I have in Reply #5 - NC 12 endpoint is north of SR 1185.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:57:37 am
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 11:18:15 pm »

I guess I should have been linking directly to this map instead.  It looks like I linked to a different map before.

Anyway I thought it was implied that we had the north end too far north in the HB, and that it never actually went north of where the old END sign was.  The map just reinforces that IMO.

This new link you have shows the same as what I have in Reply #5 - NC 12 endpoint is north of SR 1185.

But not as far as we have it, right?

Online mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:31:39 am
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 08:34:21 pm »
Took another close look at this.  TM did have the endpoint too far north, and I was in error in describing the former END sign being in the wrong location.

I have moved the north end to 0.3 miles north of SR 1185, where the END sign was.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:32:27 am
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2022, 05:25:17 pm »
Ok I turned around in the parking lot where we have the ending now in the HB.  I was uncomfortable heading any farther north than there.

EDIT:
According to this NCDOT map, the northern end should be truncated to the Coral Dr intersection.  (I do not know what happened to the END sign shown on NC Roads Annex).

Relooking at that map, I would change NorBeaRd to OceTrl.  Otherwise, all is good here. 

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 10:36:43 am »
Resurrecting this thread for a minor update.

I drove the Rodanthe Jughandle bridge last week, after it opened (finally!) the preceding week. The north end of the new alignment is now a closed intersection and can be relabeled as such (*OldNC12_N), with that end of the old road coned off, pending its planned removal within the wildlife refuge after all the power and other utility lines have been moved to the new bridge. The other end of the old road, south of the wildlife refuge, remains open for access to local business and residences, so no relabel needed for OldNC12_S.