Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

cannl:Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Highways

(1/6) > >>

Griffith:
Shouldn't the endpoints for NL220 be NL210_E and NL210_W?

oscar:
Here's my notes on various routes, as I munch through the routes to figure out how much I've clinched. I'll add to this list as I continue my review. Looks so far to be pretty complete, especially in Labrador where I thought we'd run into problems. One possible missing route on Newfoundland island I'll have to track down.

Generally: check for places where the route trace goes overwater, but the actual route doesn't -- a few extra shaping points would help take our mapped route around bays, lakes, etc.

NL 460: request labeled waypoint somewhere in Campbell's Creek, between NL463_E and FelCove. I know I drove past Campbell's Creek to the eastern edge of Abrahams Cove, but am unsure I made it all the way to NL463_E or beyond. EDIT: A check of my handheld GPS readings confirms that I drove beyond Abrahams Cove to the west end of NL 460.

NL 480: request labeled waypoint at Park Place in Burgeo (westernmost intersection in that town). I know I went into that town, but am unsure I made it to the end of the route before turning back.

si404:

--- Quote from: Griffith on February 05, 2017, 02:46:00 pm ---Shouldn't the endpoints for NL220 be NL210_E and NL210_W?
--- End quote ---
Yes. Fixed
--- Quote from: oscar on February 09, 2017, 11:56:24 pm ---Generally: check for places where the route trace goes overwater, but the actual route doesn't -- a few extra shaping points would help take our mapped route around bays, lakes, etc.
--- End quote ---
Collaborators - how important is this? I've just had a go with NL460, and it just seemed a bit like busy work to move the route about 50ft north.

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on February 11, 2017, 06:54:20 am ---
--- Quote from: oscar on February 09, 2017, 11:56:24 pm ---Generally: check for places where the route trace goes overwater, but the actual route doesn't -- a few extra shaping points would help take our mapped route around bays, lakes, etc.
--- End quote ---
Collaborators - how important is this? I've just had a go with NL460, and it just seemed a bit like busy work to move the route about 50ft north.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, why should it be relevant? I thought it's important that the actual route does not exceed the "red limits" in the wpt editor. I couldn't find any rule.

What's about: http://tm.teresco.org/hb/index.php?r=nld.n302. More wpts b/n N506 and HouWeg? More wpts b/n N306/N707 and FleWeg? I don't like that idea.

oscar:

--- Quote from: michih on February 11, 2017, 08:13:02 am ---
--- Quote from: si404 on February 11, 2017, 06:54:20 am ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Sorry, why should it be relevant? I thought it's important that the actual route does not exceed the "red limits" in the wpt editor. I couldn't find any rule.

What's about: http://tm.teresco.org/hb/index.php?r=nld.n302. More wpts b/n N506 and HouWeg? More wpts b/n N306/N707 and FleWeg? I don't like that idea.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking more of Tim's "few extra shaping points" permission. For example, NL 360's and NL 480's south ends each look like they cross a bay, which they wouldn't if one or two extra shaping points (or my requested ParkPl point for NL 480) were added. For a coast-hugging route like NL 460, you're talking a lot more than a "few extra shaping points", so I would largely leave that alone other than my Campbell's Creek point request (which is for non-shaping reasons).

When I overhauled US 101 and CA 1 in California, I added a few shaping points to keep both routes on-shore, and separate from each other in an area where they ran near each other.  Other coast-hugging parts of CA 1, I didn't bother.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version