Author Topic: JPN AH1 in Fukuoka  (Read 3436 times)

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:14:29 pm
JPN AH1 in Fukuoka
« on: August 19, 2023, 12:30:53 am »
According to the 2019 log, AH1 follows the Fukuoka Expressway for 9 km from the Fukuoka Interchange (E3) to Hakata Port. Being generous and measuring from the easternmost signs for Route 4 of the Fukuoka Expressway, 9 km is to the south end of Route 1 at Route C. There is an AH1 shield just north of exit 106, one at the Hakata Port International Ferry Terminal, and one mounted on the Route C bridge just southwest of the end of Route 1 (visible to traffic coming from Hakata Port). Traffic from the port to Route 1 north turns left just before this bridge and enters at exit 106.

So I recommend beginning AH1 at the ferry terminal (the building? I'm not sure if cars are allowed on the ferry) and using what the Goog calls Marine Street, with a point at the turn onto the Shinchidori Bridge and another where the exit 106 ramps hit the surface.

Offline nezinscot

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 30, 2024, 08:41:22 pm
Re: JPN AH1 in Fukuoka
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 06:09:58 pm »
The AH1 sign at the Marine Drive intersection could be interpreted as signifying that the expressway it is attached to is AH1 because the sign does not face traffic on the suggested new route.  Plus, because the suggested route joins the expressway at exit 106,  I don't see why the route wouldn't get on the expressway at exit 108 which is just a few meters from the turn out of the ferry dock area.  Is the suggested change based on the mileage log, because I don't see any signage that is conclusive.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:14:29 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 06:42:51 pm »
The AH1 sign at the Marine Drive intersection could be interpreted as signifying that the expressway it is attached to is AH1 because the sign does not face traffic on the suggested new route.  Plus, because the suggested route joins the expressway at exit 106,  I don't see why the route wouldn't get on the expressway at exit 108 which is just a few meters from the turn out of the ferry dock area.
Huh?

Offline nezinscot

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 30, 2024, 08:41:22 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 07:33:43 am »
I was using the prior, now wrong ferry terminal.  The current mapped AH1 route uses the one near exit 108.  The Busan ferry now arrives on the Marine Drive pier, near exit 106, so your suggested route is undoubtedly correct.  I will make the changes today.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:14:55 am
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 12:11:30 pm »
I guess it's this commit? It's hard to identify a change since Github shows the whole file being different.
@nezinscot, please mark your topics solved when they are solved. Thanks.