User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Site update schedule interruptions

(1/16) > >>

Jim:
I'll be traveling for the next week, so I might not be able to run daily site updates.  I'll run them when time and network connectivity permit, but don't be alarmed if we go 3 or 4 days in between.  I should be able to acknowledge emailed list file updates daily, at least.

Jim:
Connectivity was better than expected, but I still had a couple days without being able to launch an update.  One is running now with all of the highway data and list update files received over the last few days.  Should be back on a schedule of an update at least once a day now.

Jim:
I expect to be traveling much of the next two weeks.  I will process list file submissions and run site updates when I can but don't be surprised if it's a few days or even a week between updates, especially the first week of the new year.

Jim:
Some pretty impressive technology let me run last night's site update while traveling at 70 MPH in my car's passenger seat on I-95 in Virginia.  An ssh connection to my FreeBSD server at home was all that needed the mobile data connection.  The big file transfer parts were only done using my home network connection.  I know we all pretty much expect to be able to do anything from anywhere but I still find it amazing that I could do what I did and without spending any money beyond a standard data plan, of which I needed to use very little.

froggie:
That's believable.  I downloaded data, created a GIS map, and uploaded it/posted about it all while on I-91 Christmas night...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version