Highway Data Discussion > Completed Highway Systems Threads

cansf: Canada Select Named Freeways

(1/32) > >>

rickmastfan67:
I wish we could activate the 'Select Named Canadian Highways' system.  Ontario has a ton of thise that qualify and are already on GitHub.  This would also help fix the duplication of the Gardiner and DVP being in the wrong system and active on the site.

Edited after splitting thread to change subject from "Re: Finishing Canada and USA state/province/territorial highways" to "cannf: Canada Select Named Freeways". -Eric/yakra
Edited after activation, subject changed from "cannf: Canada Select Named Freeways" to "cansf: Canada Select Named Freeways". michih

yakra:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 19, 2016, 11:40:23 pm ---I wish we could activate the 'Select Named Canadian Highways' system.  Ontario has a ton of thise that qualify and are already on GitHub.  This would also help fix the duplication of the Gardiner and DVP being in the wrong system and active on the site.

--- End quote ---
Not saying "I am for this", but...
I am not against this. :)

Edit: At the very least, I'm in favor of it being in the HB as an in-devel system. I may make a cannf_con.csv. Or maybe someone else will beat me to it. Gotta check whether there are Route/Root conflicts between cannf and canonf, mumble mumble...

yakra:
• I would want to delete a lot of the Alberta routes that aren't actual freeways.
• Queen Elizabeth Way isn't in cannf. What system should it be part of?
• SK CirDr is out-of-date; the road is now a complete loop.

Bickendan:
Most of the AB routes that aren't actually freeways would ultimately fall into the main canab system, right?

yakra:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on January 20, 2016, 05:52:42 pm ---Most of the AB routes that aren't actually freeways would ultimately fall into the main canab system, right?

--- End quote ---
In cannf in AB, there's only CroTrl, which partially overlaps with AB1ACoc.
As the file stands now, there's a small and incomplete overlap between the two, which wouldn't be picked up by multiplex detection (waypoints at different streets). It looks like the Crowchild Trail designation extends as far northwest as AB AB1ACoc 12MileRd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version