Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

PA: PA 29 TRUCK (Macungie)

(1/3) > >>

Markkos1992:
I am noting to myself that the weight-restricted bridge that this route exists for is currently under construction.  The project should be complete by October 2021.

dave1693:
I drove through the construction area myself earlier this week. It wasn't there right at the beginning of the year the last time I'd been to that stretch of highway. I admit to some surprise that this project survived the last round of budget cuts, but I'm damn cynical about PA highway-related politics.

Markkos1992:

--- Quote from: dave1693 on January 18, 2020, 10:01:12 pm ---I drove through the construction area myself earlier this week. It wasn't there right at the beginning of the year the last time I'd been to that stretch of highway. I admit to some surprise that this project survived the last round of budget cuts, but I'm damn cynical about PA highway-related politics.

--- End quote ---

They have probably only done some prep work at this point since construction began on September 30, 2019.  The work will most likely fully commence in the Spring.

Markkos1992:
Completion of this project is still intended to be October 2021.

dave1693:
The PA 29 construction is underway for realsies! The bridge is closed and DETOUR PA 29 signs are up all over the place. Sometimes confusingly so. The official truck detour is the same as what's signed as PA 29 Truck. The car detour cuts mileage off that by using Brookside Rd, which involves a low height railroad overpass unsuitable for truck traffic. Nevertheless I saw a truck try to get under that bridge yesterday. Thankfully it stopped before making contact, and backed up into a parking lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version