User Discussions > Other Discussion

Regional Statistics - Discrepancy on Total Clinchable Mileage

(1/7) > >>

bejacob:
Something odd is going on here http://tm.teresco.org/user/region.php?units=miles&u=bejacob&rg=ABW

I picked ABW as a region because there is only one system so it's easy to see the issue. I'm guessing the same thing may be happening in other regions, though with multiple systems, it might be difficult to tell. This is a low priority fix, it's just something I noticed.

The first table "Overall ABW Region Statistics" shows a total of 53.76 clinchable miles

The second table "Statistics by System" shows 71.88 clinchable miles. I'm assuming concurrencies are not being correctly calculated on this table (i.e. the total is just the sum of the mileage from the route in the next table "Statistics by Route" without concern for concurrencies).

The last table once again has 53.76 total miles that could be clinched.

It's probably not a big deal that one part of this page is wrong, but it would be nice if all tables on this page show the same total possible mileage that could be clinched.

Again, low priority, just something I saw and thought to bring up.

Jim:
Definitely something to check, out thanks.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/186

the_spui_ninja:

--- Quote from: bejacob on June 14, 2017, 08:44:00 pm ---The second table "Statistics by System" shows 71.88 clinchable miles. I'm assuming concurrencies are not being correctly calculated on this table (i.e. the total is just the sum of the mileage from the route in the next table "Statistics by Route" without concern for concurrencies).

--- End quote ---
I think that's the case; I noticed the same thing in Idaho where adding up the statistics by system is more than the total clinchable mileage.

new_friends_gr:
I noticed a similar issue discrepancy with some of my travel data. We'll use the Interstate highways in Ohio as my example.

When I look at my table under Statistics by Region, it says that I have 15.39% of Ohio's highways traveled (I assume this incorporates all systems in Ohio). For the Interstate system within Ohio, it says I have 1476.33 miles of 1736.43 miles clinched (85.02%).

On the other hand, when I look at my table under Statistics by System, then go to Interstate Highways, and then Ohio as the region, it says I have 1317.50 of 1577.61 miles clinched (83.51%). I guess I'm not sure why these numbers don't match the ones above. Any idea?

Ib3kii:
I believe it has to do with concurring routes. I big example in Ohio is I-80/90, the two routes concur together for over 100 miles so I believe concurrences are where those extra miles come from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version