User Discussions > Other Discussion

New Travels and Stats Discussion

<< < (149/201) > >>

Markkos1992:
^I was just going to say to listen to Doug Kerr's Gribblenation Roadcast Episodes.

vdeane:
Back when we still had the pavement windshield survey, Whiteface Mountain (NY 431) was always a highlight.  AuSable Chasm was a great place for a stretch break too.  And NY 73 is my favorite touring route for a reason (although the Cascade Lakes portion is under construction this year, so now really isn't the time to see it).  The Crown Point Bridge on NY 185 is also nice.

the_spui_ninja:
Thanks everyone! It'll be a great help!

--- Quote from: vdeane on May 26, 2022, 10:27:10 pm ---And NY 73 is my favorite touring route for a reason (although the Cascade Lakes portion is under construction this year, so now really isn't the time to see it).

--- End quote ---
We're staying in Lake Placid; is NY 73 closed or just one-lane with a pilot car?

vdeane:
^ One lane with automatic temporary traffic lights, but the longest section in question (there are two smaller ones) will be about a mile long (at least), so it will be a bit of a wait.  Pilot cars aren't usually used in this part of the country, but they're not unheard of either.

Markkos1992:

--- Quote from: vdeane on May 27, 2022, 08:23:08 pm ---^ One lane with automatic temporary traffic lights, but the longest section in question (there are two smaller ones) will be about a mile long (at least), so it will be a bit of a wait.  Pilot cars aren't usually used in this part of the country, but they're not unheard of either.

--- End quote ---

On my last trip, I dealt with two pilot cars just while driving WV 3 from WV 311 to Alderson.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version