Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

AR: US 70 (or US 70B) and AR 5 changes in Little Rock?

(1/3) > >>

Markkos1992:
For US 70 and AR 5: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=29400.msg2618957#msg2618957

froggie:
There's a post on the AARoads forum (which might be moving to a different regional board so I'm not posting a link here...it's erroneously in the Central States board right now) that suggests, based on recent ArDOT maps, that US 70 (or US 70B) has been shifted off University Ave to continue along Colonel Glenn Blvd to I-430 Exit 1.

I say US 70 or US 70B because we currently have it in the HB as US 70 Bus but the OP thinks it's mainline US 70 given the ArDOT map.  Signage, as per usual for Arkansas, shows BOTH the business route and along I-30 as mainline US 70.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regarding AR 5, the map suggests that AR 5 has been truncated to I-430 since it's alignment east of I-430 was taken over by this US 70(B) reroute.

No word yet on how this is signed in the field (if at all).

froggie:
I posted a separate topic about that US 70/AR 5.  Also didn't include a link because it may be switching to a different regional board (the OP erroneously put it under Central States).

Markkos1992:

--- Quote from: froggie on May 26, 2021, 10:59:51 am ---I posted a separate topic about that US 70/AR 5.  Also didn't include a link because it may be switching to a different regional board (the OP erroneously put it under Central States).

--- End quote ---

I do not think that moving the topic will affect the link.

yakra:

--- Quote from: froggie on May 26, 2021, 10:58:30 am ---I say US 70 or US 70B because we currently have it in the HB as US 70 Bus but the OP thinks it's mainline US 70 given the ArDOT map.  Signage, as per usual for Arkansas, shows BOTH the business route and along I-30 as mainline US 70.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- End quote ---
FWIW, shapefiles seem to indicate mainline US70, as there's no B suffix on the section number.
How much is this worth though?...

--- Quote from: froggie on aaroads ---Are you sure that's mainline US 70 and not US 70B?  Mainline US 70 is signed along I-30 all through Little Rock and the University exit off I-30 is signed as US 70B.

Tho given the absolutely abysmal state of US signage in Arkansas to begin with, who knows what's going on...

--- End quote ---
This. :(

I haven't seen at AASHTO application for this yet, be it either mainline or business US70.
I'll keep an eye on both this thread & AARoads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version