Spurs

<< < (3/4) > >>

si404:
Either
1) they are bannered routes, whose banner is incorrectly missing
or
2) they are separate vanilla route segments

compdude787:
I'll have to spend some time tonight or tomorrow night looking into the spurs on GMSV. I just haven't had a chance to do this yet.

@jayhawkco, so you're saying that none of the spur routes in Idaho are signed? I'm aware of ID 128 Spur not being signed (which, given how short it is, I'm not surprised), but you're saying the other ones aren't signed either?

jayhawkco:

--- Quote from: compdude787 on June 24, 2021, 06:21:16 pm ---I'll have to spend some time tonight or tomorrow night looking into the spurs on GMSV. I just haven't had a chance to do this yet.

@jayhawkco, so you're saying that none of the spur routes in Idaho are signed? I'm aware of ID 128 Spur not being signed (which, given how short it is, I'm not surprised), but you're saying the other ones aren't signed either?

--- End quote ---

As far as I'm aware, none are signed with "spur".  They are generally signed as if they were the main route, but obviously they're not. 

Chris

compdude787:

--- Quote from: jayhawkco on June 24, 2021, 09:41:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: compdude787 on June 24, 2021, 06:21:16 pm ---I'll have to spend some time tonight or tomorrow night looking into the spurs on GMSV. I just haven't had a chance to do this yet.

--- End quote ---

As far as I'm aware, none are signed with "spur".  They are generally signed as if they were the main route, but obviously they're not. 

Chris

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. I'm still going to leave them as-is because ITD's GIS map considers them to be spur routes.

Duke87:
ID 128 Spur is not really a route in its own right so much as half of a wye junction. Even Corco, one of the most persnickety clinchers known, does not recognize it as a distinct route on his website. It is also, FWIW, not in any way signed.

As for the question of handling spurs in general, I generally agree with the principle of making it "Route XX Spur (Town)" if it's signed with a "Spur" banner in the field, but simply "Route XX (Town)" if no spur banner is present. Meanwhile if the spur is unsigned it ought to be left out of the HB as an unsigned route even if its unbannered parent is signed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version