Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

FL: FL 399

<< < (2/5) > >>

Markkos1992:
I think that TXSpr97 is a slightly different situation since it does connect to a route in usasf (International Pkwy).

I honestly am not sure what my official position is on this.  My 3:20 AM brain thinks that both sides have a case in this discussion.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on January 13, 2022, 02:32:28 am ---
--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 13, 2022, 01:38:47 am ---or it at least extended to the first intersection beyond the interchange
--- End quote ---

I mean it... basically does. The pavement change is less than 200 feet from the median break for the first intersection.

--- End quote ---

But it doesn't.  Did you even see where the 'begin/end state maintenance signs' are for FL-399 (one example)?  They are completely still inside of the interchange ramp configuration (which is why I considered it as a 1 PPI situation here).  Plus those signs match up EXACTLY with where the GIS data says the route ends.

Thus, this is completely different than the TXSpr97 situation, IMO.  Especially since it's signed on the main lanes itself & after the interchange with TX-183, while FL-399 doesn't even leave the interchange itself (no signage beyond the one you pointed out and a mention on the BGS the other way on US-98), hence why I considered it as a 1 PPI and didn't add FL-399 to the site when crafting usafl.

Markkos1992:
I am linking to the BGS that rickmastfan67 is referring to.  I am a bit surprised to see an APL here honestly.

formulanone:
Frankly, if the state-maintained portion is ~823 feet, that's longer than the intersection in question. It links to a bridge which would be of both tourist and local interest. So it's not just the intersection. See Florida SR 470 as a similar example in TM, although that extends beyond both sides of I-75.

There's more substantial routes out there with a single sign. Maryland is loaded with these kinds of examples (not to pick off Maryland, but there's several short one-sign routes that get the nod.)

No, I don't have it clinched...just my two cents.

yakra:
Would it be different if were an at-grade intersection rather than a trumpet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version