User Discussions > Other Discussion

TX: I-20 relocation at Ranger Hill

(1/2) > >>

yakra:
I-20 was realigned between exits 358 and 361 a while back... not super recent at this point?
This didn't result in any change to the highway data (hence not putting the topic on that board), because:
• The new alignment leaves & rejoins the old within the footprint of the two interchanges, so there's little point in making separate points for such, per the One Point Per Interchange rule.
• The new alignment is still within lateral tolerance between the two exits, so no shaping points were added in between them.

It didn't seem quite right to make an updates entry if nothing was really updated. :)
Those who want to mark this segment as unclinched are free to do so.

michih:

--- Quote from: yakra on January 15, 2022, 06:49:25 pm ---This didn't result in any change to the highway data (hence not putting the topic on that board), because:
--- End quote ---

Well, it is an update to an highway. You checked our TM highway data but didn't change it because you think it is not necessary. I'd move it to the "highway data" board.....

Duke87:
I looked at the relocation. I'm not considering it a declinch, however I would add *OldI-20 points for the benefit of anyone who does. We've added such points for less...

mapcat:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on January 16, 2022, 11:59:42 am ---I looked at the relocation. I'm not considering it a declinch, however I would add *OldI-20 points for the benefit of anyone who does. We've added such points for less...

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I drove that segment last year, making the change irrelevant to my bookkeeping, but I would have marked it reclinchable if I hadn't been there recently.

yakra:
Again: 1PPI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version