User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Temporary Suspension of Graph Generation

(1/7) > >>

Jim:
Over the next 9-10 days, my algorithms students will be working with TM-derived graph data for a lab assignment.  Since the graphs files change every time I regenerate them even if the underlying data does not (waypoint order, etc), I plan to stop the regeneration of new graphs until this lab is complete so I and my students will have consistent graphs to work with.  Apologies to those who are loading them up and fighting the good fight against NMPs, bad concurrencies, and other issues.  I should be able to restart the generation of new graphs on each site update around February 1 or February 2.

Tonight's site update did include new graphs, so they are currently consistent with what's in GitHub and in the DB.  That will no longer be the case after the next site update.

froggie:
Would halting site updates for the next week and a half accomplish the same purpose?  Seems it'd be simpler to just do that...

Jim:

--- Quote from: froggie on January 23, 2017, 07:20:28 am ---Would halting site updates for the next week and a half accomplish the same purpose?  Seems it'd be simpler to just do that...

--- End quote ---

No, it's simple enough to perform all except the graph generation.  I add a "-k" flag to one script and it skips those steps.

si404:

--- Quote from: Jim on January 23, 2017, 10:06:52 am ---
--- Quote from: froggie on January 23, 2017, 07:20:28 am ---Would halting site updates for the next week and a half accomplish the same purpose?  Seems it'd be simpler to just do that...

--- End quote ---

No, it's simple enough to perform all except the graph generation.  I add a "-k" flag to one script and it skips those steps.

--- End quote ---
With added bonus of not penalising the website bunch much.

Jim:
A better future solution is likely a mechanism where I'd archive "release" versions of the graphs periodically, and have students stick with a particular release version for an assignment or maybe a whole semester.  But that didn't happen in time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version