Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

Texas systems

(1/7) > >>

yakra:

--- Quote from: Jim on November 04, 2017, 09:46:08 pm ---I also drove all of Park Road 46, with the standard square.  Are we currently not including such routes?
--- End quote ---
Currently not including them. They're considered their own system by TXDOT. It would be possible to add them (as their own discrete system would seem to make the most sense), but I haven't given the thought much more than a meh. It'd be a low priority, after the FM roads.

TXDOT system codes as listed here:

IH - Interstate Highway
        Active in usai.
        Label style: I-10, etc.
US - US Highway
        Active in usaus.
        Label style: US69, etc.
UA - US Highway Alternate
        Active in usausb.
        Label style: US90Alt, US90AltHal, etc.
SH - State Highway
        Active in usatx.
        Label style: TX6, etc.
SL/SS - State Highway Loops and Spurs
        Active in usatxl & usatxs. Considered one system by TXDOT; split into two for TM purposes.
        Label style: TXLp8, TXSpr557, etc.
BI - Off Interstate Business Route
        Active in usaib.
        Label style: I-20BL, I-20BLMid, I-20BS, etc.
BS - Off State Business Route
        Active as bannered routes in usatx.
        Label style: TX6Bus, TX6BusCol, etc.
BU - Off US Business Route
        Active in usausb.
        Label style: US59Bus, US59BusVic, etc.

BF - Off Farm or Ranch to Market Road Business Route
        Drafted as bannered routes in usatxf/usatxr.
        These would be included as bannered routes in the respective usatxf and usatxr systems.
        Label style: FM42Bus, RM42Bus, etc.
UR - Urban Road
        Drafted in usatxf/usatxr.
        These have been redesignated from the same-numbered FM or RM route.
        In the field, they're signed with an ordinary FM or RM shield; Joe Traveler will not be able to tell the difference.
        Active routes in the HB use FM42 and RM42 style labels for these intersections.
        The idea is to fold them into the usatxf or usatxr systems on a case-by-case basis.
        Label style: FM42, RM42, etc.
RR - Ranch Road
        Drafted in usatxr.
        Quoth the glossary: "Only one?Ranch Road 1; considered part of the Farm to Market Road system."
        Odd; I have to wonder whether that's in error. Could maybe complicate my plans to include it with the RM roads.
FM - Farm to Market Road
        Drafted in usatxf.
        These would be included as usatxf. In the long-range plans.
        Label style: FM51, etc.
RM - Ranch to Market Road
        Drafted in usatxr.
        These would be included as usatxr.In the long-range plans.
        Label style: RM12, etc.
PR - Park Road
        Signed. Could conceivably be their own system. Low priority, after usatxf & usatxr.
        Label style: Consistently labeled ParkRd42, etc. Could potentially change to PR42. Done.
RE - Recreation Road
        Active in usatxre.
        I forget whether these are signed.
        Label style: RE255, etc.
PA - Principal Arterial State System
        Not signed AFAIK.
        Label style: Still haven't done anything about TX US281 NakDr (see below). PA1502 is signed; everything else would just use a truncated street name.

michih:

--- Quote from: yakra on November 05, 2017, 01:57:11 am ---BF - Off Farm or Ranch to Market Road Business Route
        These would be included as bannered routes in the respective usatxf or usatxr systems.
--- End quote ---

Do you suggest one or two systems?

--- Quote from: yakra on November 05, 2017, 01:57:11 am ---RR - Ranch Road
        Quoth the glossary: "Only one?Ranch Road 1; considered part of the Farm to Market Road system."
        Odd; I have to wonder whether that's in error. Could maybe complicate my plans to include it with the RM roads.
--- End quote ---

I think it's only a "special" FM/RM route because it leads to the former ranch of a special person: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranch_Road_1. I would put it to FM/RM system.

yakra:

--- Quote from: michih on November 05, 2017, 03:02:45 am ---
--- Quote from: yakra on November 05, 2017, 01:57:11 am ---BF - Off Farm or Ranch to Market Road Business Route
        These would be included as bannered routes in the respective usatxf or usatxr systems.
--- End quote ---
Do you suggest one or two systems?
--- End quote ---
Two. I've edited my previous post to read "and", not "or".

--- Quote from: michih on November 05, 2017, 03:02:45 am ---
--- End quote ---
I think it's only a "special" FM/RM route because it leads to the former ranch of a special person: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranch_Road_1. I would put it to FM/RM system.
--- End quote ---
Exactly. The only question here was which of the two; TXDOT's (erroneous?) description leads to a bit of confusion. As a RANCH (to Market) road would seem to make the most sense, wouldn't it. Plus, there's already an FM 1 elsewhere.
In any case, it looks to be signed with a perfectly normal RM style shield, so into usatxr it goes. (Much like I'm doing with the Urban Roads.)
BOOM!

Duke87:

--- Quote from: yakra on November 05, 2017, 01:57:11 am ---UR - Urban Road
        These have been redesignated from the same-numbered FM or RM route.
        In the field, they're signed with an ordinary FM or RM shield; Joe Traveler will not be able to tell the difference.
        Active routes in the HB use FM42 and RM42 style labels for these intersections.
        The idea is to fold them into the usatxf or usatxr systems on a case-by-case basis.
--- End quote ---

I support this approach. Precedent exists in usamts, where sections of Urban Routes that are signed as part of Secondary Routes are included in the system.

--- Quote ---RE - Recreation Road
        I forget whether these are signed.

--- End quote ---

At least one is.

radison:
Been lurking and stumbled across this thread.  Hoping some of this might help:

Quoth the glossary

--- End quote ---

I believe RR 1 exists as well as RM 1.  Just would need to take that into consideration.

--- Quote from: yakra on November 05, 2017, 01:57:11 am ---PA - Principal Arterial State System
        Not signed AFAIK.

--- End quote ---

PA 1604 is signed on a BGS in San Antonio.  However, I don't believe it is signed anywhere else except there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version