Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

usaush: United States Historic US Routes

(1/68) > >>

si404:
Scope: routes signed with Historic USxx signs

Routes already mapped: see http://tm.teresco.org/devel/hb.php?sys=usaush&rg=

Issues: long banner text with dates are hard to implement, as is the historic bit

Requests: other signed routes - where are they?

Comments: over to you

the_spui_ninja:
Well here's something: http://www.historicus20.com/historic-route-signage.html
As far as I can tell from the pics there is an extant US20His in Marlborough and Becket, MA (although I have no idea of the routings).
There are also some links at the bottom that may or may not be useful.

I'm not sure whether this info is relevant or not, but I put it here for what it's worth.

Bickendan:
Hist US 30 The Dalles should be removed: Its entire length is still US 30.
The segment that should be included is from Troutdale to I-84 exit 35 near Warrendale. In fact, I'll send this to Jim now.

si404:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on February 17, 2016, 04:30:37 pm ---Hist US 30 The Dalles should be removed: Its entire length is still US 30.
The segment that should be included is from Troutdale to I-84 exit 35 near Warrendale. In fact, I'll send this to Jim now.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for correcting my misinterpretation the description given in discussions of US30 in OR.

Collaborators - please feel free to make alterations to routes in your regions like Bickendan has done.

yakra:

--- Quote ---Issues: long banner text with dates are hard to implement, as is the historic bit
--- End quote ---
As usaush.csv is currently formatted, NM HistoricUS66PRE-1937SFe is what would have to go into a .list file to mark a segment as clinched. That's a mouthful. Clunky.
My preference: usaush;NM;US66;His;SFe;Santa Fe;nm.us066hissfe;
That example doesn't include the date information. Leaving it out doesn't seem to create any collisions between same-numbered same-city routes, from my quick look at the CSV. I have no problem including it, as long as it's in the city field, e.g. usaush;NM;US66;His;SFe;(PRE-1937) Santa Fe;nm.us066hissfe; or such.

--- Quote ---Collaborators - please feel free to make alterations to routes in your regions like Bickendan has done.
--- End quote ---
I remember there was one route in TX that needed some fixes. Don't remember which one though...
Edit: I guess not. Maybe I was thrown off by tx.i040bsgle having the points in reverse order from tx.us066hisgle, or something.

Routes in my regions, a checklist:
tx.us066hisgle / tx.us066hisgle;I-40(0);;;EXIT0;
tx.us066hisadr
tx.us066hisveg
tx.us066hiscon
tx.us066hisgro
tx.us066hisala
tx.us066hismcl
tx.us066hissha
ks.us066hisgal / ks.us066hisgal;KS26/66;;;LABEL_SELFREF;

[Si's post with shield images]

Navigation