Author Topic: MO: US67 Bus Cherokee Pass  (Read 2371 times)

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
MO: US67 Bus Cherokee Pass
« on: November 12, 2019, 05:25:28 pm »
The southern end of US67BusChe in Cherokee Pass Missouri should be at the point currently labeled MurMilRd instead of its existing location at MO route C

Here is the signage as posted on US67 at the southern end.

Field verified 11/11/2019.

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
Re: MO: US67 Bus Cherokee Pass
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 06:33:12 pm »
That's not what MoDOT said in spring! The Cherokee Pass business route is a breakaway piece of the longer Fredericktown route.

Description: The current U.S. BUS 67 Route Loop will be relocated to a loop consisting of MO Route A, U.S. BUS 67, and MO Route C. This will make a small loop through the city of Cherokee Pass.

https://route.transportation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2019/06/005_USRN-Applications-Spring-Meeting_LA-MO_Part-3.pdf

Maybe they haven't changed the signs yet??

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:22:44 pm »
That's not what MoDOT said in spring! The Cherokee Pass business route is a breakaway piece of the longer Fredericktown route.

Description: The current U.S. BUS 67 Route Loop will be relocated to a loop consisting of MO Route A, U.S. BUS 67, and MO Route C. This will make a small loop through the city of Cherokee Pass.

https://route.transportation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2019/06/005_USRN-Applications-Spring-Meeting_LA-MO_Part-3.pdf

Maybe they haven't changed the signs yet??

That could be. I drove both the longer loop as well as the small segment at MO Route C, so I've got the clinch either way.  :D

The southernmost section of the route is still signed going north, though I don't recall seeing any signs southbound past Route C. Nor do I remember a sign at that corner indicating the route turns. I was trying to follow what was signed from US67 which led me to the longer (former?) route.

This might be worth leaving alone pending further investigation. What I saw looked to be incorrect in the HB, but it might be that signage hasn't caught up with the latest changes.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 10:31:40 am »
The business route is still signed northbound at the southern junction with US 67. It's not signed northbound at the junction with C, although there is a Bus 67 sign on C between the bypass and the business route. My instinct would be to extend it south here.
Clinched: