Author Topic: ND ND23BusWat no longer signed.  (Read 1499 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
ND ND23BusWat no longer signed.
« on: December 03, 2020, 07:23:24 pm »
Some very careful GMSVing around Watford City reveals that ND23BusWat used to be signed, but no longer is.
There's imagery from 2015 and 2018, but you can't directly switch from one to the other at the same location.
Switch to 2008, change location, switch year again, rinse, repeat...

2015 | 2018
2015 | 2018
2015 | 2018
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: ND ND23BusWat no longer signed.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 08:22:02 pm »
You mean ND 23 Truck? I guess it makes sense that they got rid of it since the old alignment of 23 is now a business loop (why would a business loop need a truck route). https://www.dot.nd.gov/docs/maps/base-maps/cities/WatfordCity.pdf and https://www.dot.nd.gov/docs/maps/state/2015CDRS_Combined.pdf (2018 and 2020) both still have it on the system as ND 23A, so maybe they just decided to not sign it as anything since the bypass caused it to be superfluous.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 12:55:00 am »
Oops, yes, I meant Truck.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 08:36:56 pm »
Before I axe it, is there anyone that's been to Watford City in the past 2 years? The 2018 images show the road under construction and there is a (remote) possibility that the signs could have been removed for road work.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 10:13:32 pm »
Good thing I waited; looked again and it's signed as ND 23A: signage from 12th St. SE signage on route

Should I change it to ND 23 Alt or ND 23A?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:17:35 pm by the_spui_ninja »

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 02:30:00 am »
Should I change it to ND 23 Alt or ND 23A?

How does ND sign their other 'Alt' state routes?  With the 'A' beside the number, or with the 'Alt' banner?

I know in Florida, I added the 'A' (including the few 'B' & 'E') to the route numbers and didn't add banners, since there's only 1 true bannered state route there (FL-44 Bus).

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 08:19:27 pm »
There's only two "Alt" routes (both of ND 200), and the reassurance signage is with the Alt banner while the signage on I-29 (for ND 200 Alt Hillsboro) is 200A. There is a bannered and suffixed route, ND 23B Truck, so there is precedent for a suffixed route (which is what I'm leaning towards at the moment).

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »
I'd also think letter suffix.

Here in Maine, everything is internally suffixed "on paper", though in the field routes may be either bannered or suffixed. Not much rhyme or reason as to which flavor something ends up being, but at least individual routes are consistent with themselves, with just one exception I know of.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 09:24:30 pm »
I'd also think letter suffix.

Here in Maine, everything is internally suffixed "on paper", though in the field routes may be either bannered or suffixed. Not much rhyme or reason as to which flavor something ends up being, but at least individual routes are consistent with themselves, with just one exception I know of.
It was just probably NDDOT not wanting to put a tiny alternate banner on a BGS. I'll adjust this to ND 23A the next time I do a highway update.