Author Topic: NE: Add Summit Road (Scotts Bluff NM) to usanp?  (Read 1087 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:45:25 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
NE: Add Summit Road (Scotts Bluff NM) to usanp?
« on: August 23, 2021, 12:20:13 am »
So I was just in Scottsbluff for a weekend getaway, and noticed that the road that goes up to the top of Scotts Bluff is not in usanp. In my opinion, this should be added since the drive is a destination in and of itself; there are three tunnels and the road hugs the side of sheer cliffs to make it to the top. It is signed as Summit Road, so at least the point "VisCen" on NE OldOreTrl should be renamed.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NE: Add Summit Road (Scotts Bluff NM) to usanp?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:05:32 pm »
Is there a known road name under which it can be added?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:45:25 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: NE: Add Summit Road (Scotts Bluff NM) to usanp?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 07:39:34 pm »
So I couldn't find any imagery, but there's a big brown sign at the start that says "SUMMIT ROAD" in all caps. The NPS also calls it "the Summit Road" and apparently it's the oldest concrete road in Nebraska: https://www.nps.gov/thingstodo/drive-summit-road.htm
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca