Author Topic: TX: Sam Rayburn Tollway  (Read 1282 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:42:49 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
TX: Sam Rayburn Tollway
« on: May 11, 2021, 11:43:45 pm »
So I noticed that the SRT was not in the HB; is this because TX 121 is continuously on the frontage roads (as opposed to the George Bush tollway where TX 190 only is the frontage road in sections)?
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: TX: Sam Rayburn Tollway
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 03:26:07 am »
Right. SRT doesn't fill in any gaps in the overall network.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:55:31 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 06:45:29 pm »
Of course, soemone who drove the road, and not the frontage roads, wouldn't be able to mark anything given the precedent set on (most of) the rest of the site.  Has there been a change in the policy that routes where one is a frontage road to another aren't concurrent?  Between this and US 31 in Birmingham, it seems there might have been.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 03:44:20 am »
Of course, soemone who drove the road, and not the frontage roads, wouldn't be able to mark anything given the precedent set on (most of) the rest of the site.
Maybe so, though I wouldn't begrudge anyone for Androscoggin River Bicycle & Pedestrian Pathing it.

Has there been a change in the policy that routes where one is a frontage road to another aren't concurrent?  Between this and US 31 in Birmingham, it seems there might have been.
No policy per se, though there's often a "break the concurrency if you choose to break the concurrency approach. So, no change.
Here, it should be noted that the SRT isn't even in the system, so there's no concurrency to break. ;)
WRT US31, I read thru that topic a while back & gave it some thought, but never weighed in out loud. Got to be too much for my attention span; closed the browser tab. If it were me, I'd do things a bit differently there, but how exactly, wellll...
Seems from froggie's last post in that thread that he's open to further suggestions on how to handle that area.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca