Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Expanding the "recent posts" list on the home page

(1/3) > >>

oscar:
It used to be I could catch any new posts of interest to me, within the past day or two, by looking over the "recent posts" list rather than dig into individual boards such as "Updates to Highway Data". With more posts on the forum, it's harder to do that. In particular, right now the list shows nothing before 1pm today forum time, which means the list doesn't include many posts after I checked out of my hotel early this morning to catch an afternoon ferry.

One straightforward fix, to accommodate the increased discussion, would be to at least double the size of the "recent posts" list, to at least 30.

mapcat:
"Show unread posts since last visit" won't give you the entire list? It gave me about 10 days' worth of posts once.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: oscar on September 05, 2018, 08:46:46 pm ---It used to be I could catch any new posts of interest to me, within the past day or two, by looking over the "recent posts" list rather than dig into individual boards such as "Updates to Highway Data". With more posts on the forum, it's harder to do that. In particular, right now the list shows nothing before 1pm today forum time, which means the list doesn't include many posts after I checked out of my hotel early this morning to catch an afternoon ferry.

One straightforward fix, to accommodate the increased discussion, would be to at least double the size of the "recent posts" list, to at least 30.

--- End quote ---

"Recent Posts" I think is hardwired @ 10 in SMF.  I'll see if there's a possible setting to adjust it, but I don't think it will be possible.

EDIT: Found the setting.  It's now @ 30.

michih:

--- Quote from: mapcat on September 05, 2018, 11:00:52 pm ---"Show unread posts since last visit" won't give you the entire list? It gave me about 10 days' worth of posts once.
--- End quote ---

Where is it?

Jim:

--- Quote from: michih on September 06, 2018, 01:30:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: mapcat on September 05, 2018, 11:00:52 pm ---"Show unread posts since last visit" won't give you the entire list? It gave me about 10 days' worth of posts once.
--- End quote ---

Where is it?

--- End quote ---

It's how I always find what's new since I last looked.  First link at the top left below your "Hello <yourname>".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version