Author Topic: PEI: TCH rerouted, old alignment renumbered  (Read 1980 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:07:52 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
PEI: TCH rerouted, old alignment renumbered
« on: October 22, 2019, 05:51:03 pm »
The Cornwall Bypass opened yesterday morning, as a new alignment for PEI's TCH segment. I drove it in both directions earlier today.

The Bypass is signed as the new TCH alignment from the TCH segments west and east of the bypass. TCH signage remains on the -bypassed old route (which I re-drove westbound, and also part eastbound), but my guess is that the work crews will get to its removal soon. Work crews were busy repairing the road, now that it has much less traffic, before winter comes.

Also, the old route is signed at the exits at both ends of the bypass as PE 27. No markers yet on the old route itself, though I think the new signage at both ends is clear enough.

Also, the new bypass has only one interchange in the middle (Cornwall Rd., which isn't a provincial route), and there are no at-grade intersections other than the roundabout at the east end.

No exit numbers. With Saskatchewan to get into exit numbers with the soon-to-open Regina Bypass, that might leave PEI as the only province with no exit numbers.

I took lots of pictures, and plan to post some of them on the AARoads forum in the next few days (probably after I leave PEI for a quick dive into Nova Scotia early tomorrow morning).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:08:05 pm by oscar »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: PEI: TCH rerouted, old alignment renumbered
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:45:14 pm »
Also, the old route is signed at the exits at both ends of the bypass as PE 27. No markers yet on the old route itself, though I think the new signage at both ends is clear enough.
At 9:25 in the video posted to AARoads, there's no route number signage for 27, just Rue Main St. From the EB bypass, at least.
...There was from other approach(es), or on 27 itself?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:07:52 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: PEI: TCH rerouted, old alignment renumbered
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 04:10:34 am »
It is posted at the east end roundabout heading WB, and at several places near the west end. See 3:14, 3:49, 4:09, and 4:30 of the video for some of the latter.

Here's a photo from the east end, from an angle the video didn't cover:

But on 27 itself, no 27 markers 30 hours after the bypass opened, the old TCH markers had not yet been removed.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:01:19 am by oscar »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:38:01 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca