Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / CT: CT-40 exit numbers
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on Today at 01:38:00 am »
I-91 -> 1A or 1B or 1C, pick your poison.

This is due to the US-5 exit being posted as '1' going NB, however, it's posted as '1D' going SB.
Updates to Highway Data / I-11 Nevada northern extension
« Last post by cl94 on Today at 01:07:39 am »
As of April 30, Nevada DOT has made the internal changes to redesignate I-515 as I-11. In addition, I-11 has been extended internally up to NV 157. I'm currently on the road, but I will make the change in TM later this week. I-515 will be deprecated, but it will remain a valid label. As of now, there are no imminent exit number changes, so I should be able to do this without breaking list files.

That being said, there's gonna be a little time required to change all of the exit and intersecting road waypoints to reflect that I-11 is the primary designation. Existing waypoint labels should be kept as alternates.

Practice on TM is to include unsigned interstates, so I plan to include the entire thing at this time despite no reported signs north/west of I-15. If signs aren't up yet, they will be soon, as NDOT plans to have the re-signing done this spring. AASHTO approved a while back.
The auto tour routes go north from Genoa NV on Jacks Valley Road (I think this was my bad for just saying SR 206).

Correct, that goes up Jacks Valley Road, which was historically SR 206. 206 was moved onto SR 758 east of Genoa in the 90s, with the former alignment north of Genoa relinquished. I can make the change if it hasn't been done already.

If we want to be really technical, the Pony Express Trail branches, with one branch following modern US 50 through the Tahoe basin. This branch to the lake has several signs on both sides of the state line and there were multiple Pony Express stations along this other route.  In CA, it generally follows US 50 to Folsom. The southern branch, currently mapped, follows CA 88 and CA 89 to rejoin. When I get home from my current trip, I can do some more research and map this out. It is definitely signed in California, though. Few of these other signed routes would add significant mileage to the HB, as they tend to be signed along existing routes.

There are also "Pony Express Auto Tour Route" signs on the CA 24 expressway in Contra Costa County, which I confirmed today from BART. Yes, the Pony Express usually ended in Folsom or Sacramento, but it continued overland to Oakland about 20 times, and this is acknowledged.
The auto tour routes go north from Genoa NV on Jacks Valley Road (I think this was my bad for just saying SR 206).
I found three signed spurs of the GRR in Illinois that we don't currently have in TM. From north to south, the first is signed northeast on Bay Street toward the City Park in Pleasant Hill. There are no additional signs. The second is signed west into the Rip Rap Fish and Wildlife Management Area. There are no additional signs anywhere off IL 96. The third is signed north on IL 100 and east on IL 108, presumably ending at the Kampsville Ferry.
To keep a system that's soon to be demoted to devel (at least for a while) out of the next monthly snapshot site update, I plan to demote it for one day tomorrow.  That May 1 update's logs will be one set that eventually gets archived at https://travelmapping.net/updates/ in https://travelmapping.net/updates/monthly_snapshots/ .
Updates to Highway Data / SD: Pierre Point Requests
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on Yesterday at 05:50:27 pm »
I would like to request points along US 14 Truck at Ree St (SD Capitol access) and Capitol Ave (semi-major intersection).
Updates to Highway Data / NC: NC 268 TRUCK (Elkin)
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 12:26:35 pm »
So this sign where NC 268 BUS WB intersects Standard St has been replaced with the following:  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220259138749140&set=a.10220259305433307)

It seems to just be a route for NC 268 BUS WB to US 21 BUS SB based on the sign on Standard St at Bridge St. (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220259139949170&set=a.10220259305433307)

Updates to Highway Data / Re: SD: truncate SD377?
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on April 29, 2024, 09:41:36 am »
FWIW, the next day in Fort Pierre, I saw an End sign for SD 1806 at the US 14/SD 34 junction. Then a few blocks east, the sign assembly has SD 1806 continuing south onto US 83. Maybe SDDOT doesn't take END signs as seriously as we do in other jurisdictions?

So leaving SD 377 alone would be defensible, in the absence of other data like official route definitions, and considering that SD 240 is signed within Badlands National Park.

Route log (https://dot.sd.gov/media/documents/Pierre_Region_Highway_Log.pdf, page 164 of the PDF) has 377 going all the way to 240, plus every single official map of SD that's at that level of detail includes the 0.7 mi park section as 377.

The Fort Pierre "END" signs have always been janky as far back as I can remember (see the south junction of 1806 and 83 as well). Part of the problem is that concurrencies aren't in the official logs (like Colorado) but they are signed (unlike Colorado). There's enough signage for 1806 in Fort Pierre to keep the link along 83 and 14/34 in my opinion.

Hope you didn't get too wet in our neck of the woods haha!
Updates to Highway Data / Re: SD: truncate SD377?
« Last post by oscar on April 29, 2024, 08:36:17 am »
FWIW, the next day in Fort Pierre, I saw an End sign for SD 1806 at the US 14/SD 34 junction. Then a few blocks east, the sign assembly has SD 1806 continuing south onto US 83. Maybe SDDOT doesn't take END signs as seriously as we do in other jurisdictions?

So leaving SD 377 alone would be defensible, in the absence of other data like official route definitions, and considering that SD 240 is signed within Badlands National Park.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10