Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Good catch.

Re: "the pointer", those are auto-generated based on database lookups for points on other routes that have identical lat/lon, so for that to be wrong in the same way as the waypoint label we'd have to have misnamed the MD 268 route itself. The more likely error is for it to simply be missing if the lat/lon of the corresponding points on the two routes are not synced.
mapmikey, am I missing something or did you not send the first round of updates?
Updates to Highway Data / Re: CO: CO109 Spur?
« Last post by jayhawkco on Today at 04:31:07 pm »
I just see another truck route looking at the signs on the GSV links.

I would agree except a) Colorado signs "Truck Route" on all kinds of things, and b) it's not a different way to get to CO109 from US50. It's the only way.

It has always been my impression that how things are signed is more important. I welcome others who, unlike myself, are actual region maintainers to correct me or offer opinions.

The problem with Virginia in this regard is that if I did that, the VA 305 in Virginia Beach would've originally been in TM despite being decommissioned in 1961; some of the Virginia 4xx routes would have to be included even though decommissioned in 2001.

Where I *do* use posting is US routings within Independent Cities, as their routes get changed via posting but there is never any AASHTO or CTB documentation, so I don't know if the route has officially moved or not.

I would love to be able to do 'select Virginia SRs' which could at a minimum have former state highways.

If we decide to open that can of worms I will offer my assistance.

Wouldn't be my first priority - would like to be able to do primary routes not posted the "right way" and also the unposted ones, most of which were posted in recent years and many appear on the standard official state maps.

I would also like to do the NC secondary 10xx series routes, which are posted better than normal SR routes.  There are probably 500 of these statewide, since they don't retain the same number when they cross a county line.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: VA: new error message on VA 228 Truck
« Last post by mapmikey on Today at 04:09:41 pm »
corrected and sent in.

sorry about that...
Updates to Highway Data / Re: CO: CO109 Spur?
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Today at 04:08:18 pm »
I just see another truck route looking at the signs on the GSV links.
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Today at 04:03:21 pm »
EldSt by itself is fine in the new file.  The best thing to do here IMO is to remove EldSt as an alternate label under VA228_S.
gufn was activated on 2016-03-31. gufd was promoted to preview on 2019-08-26. Wikipedia reports about a 2018 change for national roads but it was only edited in 2021. For instance, N3+N4 seem to be departement roads now:
RN3 to Dégrad des Cannes, the main harbour, and RN4 to Cayenne – Félix Eboué Airport became departmental routes in 2007, and merely retain the name.

N5:
Seems to be D11 now, see OSM, GM and wikipedia D route list

N2001 (Sinnamary):
Does it exist? It's fully concurrent to D21 right now! It's indicated on GM but not on OSM nor signed at N1.
wikisara says:
Il semblerait que la RN2001 (973) corresponde aussi à un délaissé de la RN1 (973) dans la traversée de Sinnamary depuis 1999.
What do "délaissé" and "délaissé" mean in this context? Is it just wild guess?

Please check the N routes first. I'll peer-review the D routes subsequently.
« Last post by dave1693 on Today at 03:45:59 pm »
Right1 Even if VA 228 Truck is limited (as intended) to the eastern side of Herndon Parkway, it intersects Elden Street twice. (Once at its southern end and once on the east side of Herndon.)
« Last post by michih on Today at 03:14:26 pm »
Thanks for reporting! It's also indicated on https://travelmapping.net/devel/datacheck.php?rg=va. @mapmikey changed the route file yesterday. I guess mapmikey made the change in the file without loading it to the wpt editor. The change is likely based on this report.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10