Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
At Lima it probably comes in on North (the route in the 1920 Automobile Blue Book jogs south on Dewey to High, but that's been cut off) and then uses Main-McKibben and then north on West into 65 to 115 to rejoin the main route.
It doesn't use Elizabeth or Grand at all; this needs to be fixed.
Ohio River Scenic Byway in Illinois:

Market Street in Metropolis

Ohio River Scenic Byway in Indiana:
Randolph Avenue in Clarksville, then jog on Harrison Avenue to Clark Boulevard

The Lincoln Heritage Trail is signed in at least Illinois and Indiana. I can try to figure out the details if you'd like.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by Duke87 on April 12, 2024, 09:41:55 pm »
MD National Road:

Eastbound uses Mulberry and westbound uses Locust in Hagerstown. Neither direction uses Potomac.

Eastbound in Frederick uses East Street, while MD 144 east continues to Franklin. But westbound is the same. So should the overlap be broken or not?
Here I've kept the overlaps along Mulberry (with US40Alt) and Patrick (with MD144) as concurrent with those routes, but this can be changed. Both existing routes are not well mapped.

So the Frederick situation is a nice hot mess. Officially, only Patrick Street is part of the state highway system as MD 144. But Patrick becomes one way westbound west of East Street, so where's MD 144 eastbound? Officially currently, nowhere, but formerly it used South St to Franklin St before those were downloaded to local maintenance. At least one or two signs or MD 144 east along this alignment remain in place. So, by the principle of "there are no one way routes, if a route officially only follows a one-way street there must be an implied one-way pair", MD 144 is mapped as though what used to be officially its eastbound routing was not dumped.

The National Road being run through the area using a slightly different one-way pairing makes properly mapping this impossible since whether the two are concurrent between East St and Franklin St depends on which direction you are traveling.

But I do think leaving it as is as the least bad solution.

Over in Hagerstown, I see no reason not to map it as signed, but yes this requires adjusting US40AltHag and US40's files to create waypoints in the right place. I can appreciate Si did not want to mess with other people's stuff but as this is mine I'll go ahead and do it. :)

EDIT: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7332
Also made a few adjustments in Baltimore to accommodate
Updates to Highway Data / Re: freeways missing from usasf
« Last post by SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 08:42:36 pm »
Re the LL Tisdale Pkwy in Tulsa: yes, it does have an at-grade intersection at its north end: its intersection with the Gilcrease Expy, which is in the HB. OSM shows both of these routes as county-maintained there (the eastern part of the Gilcrease is OK 11 and the future section will be OTA-controlled). It's about 3 miles long according to Wikipedia, so I wouldn't mind seeing it added in.
Hate to dig up an old relic, but I would like to request clarification on LL Tisdale and Gilcrease.

LL Tisdale: I did not see this get added.  Keeping it off?  It is fully signed and runs up one block past Gilcrease.
Gilcrease: I do not see signage of Gilcrease east of US 75 - though the USDOT has it in their roll, I understand that this is Highway 11 based on signage.
IA Lincoln Highway:
Signs east of Lisbon do not seem to have been updated (as of September 2023) for the realignment of US 30 Bus. Do you have any sources showing the backtrack on Kirkwood? If not, I'd recommend using as much of the old alignment as possible via Adams and Old Lincoln to Charles.

Everything else looks perfect :)
Updates to Highway Data / Re: AASHTO Fall 2023 Meeting
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 07:19:20 pm »
Drove OK 152, Kilpatrick and Kickapoo today.  Goog, Waze and OSM have them marked as the new numbers.
Almost certainly one over-zealous editor changing (at least) one of them, then the others got changed thanks to citogenesis.
Goog was in before OSM was unfortunately.
the Goog is full of issues like this. Random AI/Person in a desk in a place where labour is really cheap receives a request, backed up with a source. They approve.

London's transit layer repeatedly loses the Elizabeth line and regains it (as it's not part of the London Underground, but also it's a key part of the TfL network) and Battersea Power Station tube station flicks between being shown on the map as 'Battersea Power' and the correct name because of a few transit YouTubers' in jokes meaning people who've likely never been to London (and are probably 13) file corrections that Google accepts based on the source due to them having little-to-no knowledge of the issue and no ability to detect sarcasm and then someone else corrects with better sources and there's little to no cross referencing.

Think the jokey edits on Wikipedia without the dedicated (and often humourless) people reverting them. At least these Interstate numbers are real and the issue is it not yet being signed (cf the AARW on I-515, where it's a redirect to I-11, even though it's premature).
As a more general FYI, I have bookmarked this map that shows all of WV Routes.  I am very much glad that I will not have to deal with the DOH Map anymore.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by mapcat on April 12, 2024, 06:20:37 pm »
I-70 would be a mistake, per the sign above. The PDF guide has the route off I-70, but with a break where it leaves the old alignment. Sadly there's no Streetview where the gap would be, so we can't check the bodge I did to avoid a gap (a touring route shouldn't have to only stick to the old route and then disappear - it should be a followable route - cf the signed twists crossing I-70 further west at Old Washington).

I drove everything east of Columbus in Ohio today, both TM's current routing and the one suggested by ODOT, and the only signs between Fairview and OH 513 were for the Guernsey County tour route. Westbound, they followed Waymore-Whitely-Logan-Pisgah-Bridgewater, the same route Si drafted. Other than Bridgewater, the roads themselves are crap (gravel that may have been asphalt 30 years ago), which doesn't necessarily justify a gap, but if they have never actually been part of the National Road, it seems unnecessary to include them. The route through Old Washington is (poorly) signed on OH 285. Also, there's no signage at all (either type) on Dewey or Manila west of Cambridge.
« Last post by SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 06:02:57 pm »
Already has a state route number (OK-351)
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 06:02:09 pm »
Side note - Interesting they chose I-344 when OK 344 exists in Tulsa (Gilcrease Expressway)
340 was available, no?

Unless they want to use that for the Muskagee?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10