Highway Data Discussion > Updates to Highway Data

KS: El Dorado Truck Routes

(1/3) > >>

the_spui_ninja:
I was in El Dorado today, and I noticed that in addition to the truck routes already in the HB, there is a Truck KS 254, around the the south side of town, following Kansas Ave, Traffic Way, and Haverhill Rd. However, after some GMSV digging, there appears to be a well-signed truck "loop" around El Dorado that is just signed based on what highway you're going to (the northwest side follows Haverhill + 6th).

How will this work? I guess the routes could be extended around the "loop" as necessary, given that it doesn't self-intersect (by about three blocks or so)... but I don't know.

yakra:
Stupid truck routes...

the_spui_ninja:
Well, they were well signed...

yakra:
Yeah...
If some of the route(s) should be in, then probably they should all be in.
If some of the route(s) should be out, then probably they should all be out.
Either case means... doing something.

Given your description in the OP, it sounds like they may be better considered Truck Routes TO [what highway you're going to] (like these), and may be best left out.

I'll give things a look around in GMSV & see what the situation is, and what I decide.

Heh. When I wrote that last post I was 3 days into a 4-day C++ jag, and didn't relish the thought of the Stupid Truck Routes making me Do Something About It, when I just wanted to close my browser tabs.
Stupid truck routes!

the_spui_ninja:
They seem similar to the truck routes in Hastings, NE (another semi-confusing loop of routes) and those aren't in at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version