User Discussions > How To?

Suggestions to Programmatically Audit .list File

<< < (2/2)

oscar:
The part that would be most useful for me is detection of list file lines that are completely concurrent with others. In early CHM days, concurrences were not automatically detected, and so we had to enter them in our list files. That bulks up my list file, though I have manually removed many of the duplicate lines during jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction list entry cleanups.

Jim:

--- Quote from: oscar on December 28, 2019, 06:07:03 pm ---The part that would be most useful for me is detection of list file lines that are completely concurrent with others. In early CHM days, concurrences were not automatically detected, and so we had to enter them in our list files. That bulks up my list file, though I have manually removed many of the duplicate lines during jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction list entry cleanups.

--- End quote ---

Noted in the GitHub Issue.

Hoss6884:
Thanks, Jim!  I couldn't see the old thread you linked but read the GitHub issue.

--- Quote from: Jim on December 28, 2019, 05:07:01 pm ---This is something that came up quite a while ago in an old thread:

http://forum.travelmapping.net/index.php?topic=1827.msg4443#msg4443

I would like to add this feature when time permits.  Opening a GitHub Issue.

--- End quote ---

yakra:

--- Quote from: Hoss6884 on December 28, 2019, 03:46:13 pm ---I understand I get credit for concurrencies regardless whether they are included in my file, but I would still like to be able to capture them if I don’t have them listed.

--- End quote ---
Is what you want to do get a list of concurrent segments that you didn't explicitly list in your .list file, but got credited for due to concurrency detection?
If you're a Unix or Mac person, you can download concurrencies.log, and from the command line in the directory where you save it, run:
grep 'augment for traveler hoss6884' concurrencies.log

concurrencies.log is mainly for development purposes, so the output won't be very concise, but at least it's something.

Jim:

--- Quote from: yakra on May 16, 2020, 02:30:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hoss6884 on December 28, 2019, 03:46:13 pm ---I understand I get credit for concurrencies regardless whether they are included in my file, but I would still like to be able to capture them if I don’t have them listed.

--- End quote ---
Is what you want to do get a list of concurrent segments that you didn't explicitly list in your .list file, but got credited for due to concurrency detection?
If you're a Unix or Mac person, you can download concurrencies.log, and from the command line in the directory where you save it, run:
grep 'augment for traveler hoss6884' concurrencies.log

concurrencies.log is mainly for development purposes, so the output won't be very concise, but at least it's something.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that would do it.  It can get a little overwhelming for longer concurrencies, though, since it marks every segment individually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version