Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Overlay map color schemes

<< < (2/15) > >>

vdeane:
Perhaps something in between the idea of having classifications of "primarynational" (which are similar to tiers) and the current system would be to have a section of instead having those be groupings of systems that are similar to each other and have a defined color (for example, we could have "usastate" which would have a default color of brown); that would allow colors to be assigned for types of route (instead of by system) but doesn't run into the issues of how to deal with routes at the same tier that should have different colors (such as business interstates) or issues between different route classification schemes between the US and Europe.

michih:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 11, 2016, 01:43:32 pm ---groupings of systems that are similar to each other (for example, we could have "usastate" which would have a default color of brown)
--- End quote ---

It's similar to before mentioned primarynationaleurope and primarynationalnorthamerica, primarynationalasia et cetera...

vdeane:
I don't recall "primarynationaleurope" and "primarynationalnorthamerica", just "primarynational" (except in your post, where you mention not liking them without context).  In any case, I'm not sure what else would work better than what we have now.  At the very least, it would make it easier for users who like to define their own colors.

michih:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 11, 2016, 06:05:51 pm ---I don't recall "primarynationaleurope" and "primarynationalnorthamerica", just "primarynational" (except in your post, where you mention not liking them without context).
--- End quote ---

primarynational is like using tiers. But prefered colors are minimum different for North America and Europe. For that reason, I wrote that we would need primarynationaleurope et cetera.

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 11, 2016, 06:05:51 pm --- In any case, I'm not sure what else would work better than what we have now.  At the very least, it would make it easier for users who like to define their own colors.
--- End quote ---

Once user would have a possibility to define own colors, I'd prefer defining it tier-related because the user can change it as desired!

mapcat:

--- Quote from: michih on October 12, 2016, 11:19:05 am ---Once user would have a possibility to define own colors, I'd prefer defining it tier-related because the user can change it as desired!

--- End quote ---

I'd prefer something other than tier-related, since there are too many tier-4 systems in the US (usanp, usaush, and the various state systems) and users should be able to differentiate between them. If it were up to me, usanp & usaush should be brown (same color as their signs) and the state systems a different color (black or grey, possibly).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version