Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

A Couple Website Suggestions

<< < (2/3) > >>

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: yakra on February 11, 2016, 03:03:10 pm ---ISTR mapmikey using "Wye" for a few USAVA routes. Though personally I'd lobby to change those: usava;VA;VA6;Wye;Lov;Lovingston;va.va006wyelov; -> usava;VA;VA6Y;;Lov;Lovingston;va.va006ylov;

--- End quote ---

I'd agree with the 'VA6Y' setup.

mapcat:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 11, 2016, 06:49:56 pm ---I'd agree with the 'VA6Y' setup.

--- End quote ---

Aren't they signed like this anyway? Or is that Arkansas?

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on February 11, 2016, 03:03:10 pm ---(Historic?)
--- End quote ---
(wrt banners).

Speaking purely of US Routes here (there might be state/provincial routes that have historic banners) but the routes aren't really bannered in the typical way, but rather the shields have the word historic in them. I may not be very familiar with banners, but I know enough to know that typically they come on their own separate panel (save for Business Interstates, which have their own shield, of course).

The shields for historic US routes (typically, but far from universally*) take this form, with a state name and the specific number of the route:

They do have some date-based banners in the form 19xx-19xx on Historic US66. And NM has "PRE-1937" banners on the route via Santa Fe. There's also a "SPUR"-bannered route. As such, the Historic bit being a banner for our purposes would be hard to deal with.

*see, for instance, MO's blue signs

yakra:
I haven't delved into the shields.php code at all, but I'm guessing that right now it looks at a combination of Region and Route to figure out what shield to draw. Using the data from the System column, if System = usaush, then the Historic banner could be ignored & not rendered as a separate panel.

--- Quote ---(save for Business Interstates, which have their own shield, of course)
--- End quote ---
This reminded me that I hadn't had a look at a Business Interstate shield in the TM HB yet. Interesting. Since we get a Boring Square, I can tell things aren't as simple (Region + Route) as I thought. The presence of a BL/BS banner prevents a regular I-shield from displaying.
Heh. I could look into the code to see what makes it tick, but that might end up being a very deep rabbit hole to go down. Best to stick to my own ares of expertise... :)

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on February 11, 2016, 10:50:48 pm ---I haven't delved into the shields.php code at all, but I'm guessing that right now it looks at a combination of Region and Route to figure out what shield to draw. Using the data from the System column, if System = usaush, then the Historic banner could be ignored & not rendered as a separate panel.
--- End quote ---
Sure, but at the moment, the current format (obviously subject to change, given it's a devel system) is for the Route field to be "HistUS66" so that I can get the date banners in. Therefore such a thing would be unnecessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version