Author Topic: MN: MN 67 between Granite Falls and Echo  (Read 1451 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
MN: MN 67 between Granite Falls and Echo
« on: May 14, 2022, 09:41:07 am »
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d8/projects/hwy67granitefallstoecho/index.html

MN 67 was closed near the Minnesota River in 2019 due to a slope failure.  In subsequent study, it was decided that it wasn't worth spending $30M to repair or realign the slope failure for 400 vehicles a day, so MnDOT is going to permanently realign MN 67 onto MN 274 and Yellow Medicine CSAH 2.  MN 274 will be decommissioned entirely...the short segment south of CSAH 2 will be turned back to the county.

This will impact the 3 travelers (myself included) who have clinched MN 274 and potentially impact the 27 travelers who have been on MN 67 (though not necessarily on this segment).  The segment of MN 67 in question is between the MN23_W and CR2_W waypoints.

I intend to make the change once I have either confirmation of signage or a press release from MnDOT saying the reroute is complete.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
Re: MN: MN 67 between Granite Falls and Echo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 11:49:13 pm »
Moved this to the outlook because it's looking like this fall before the change is permanent and signed (per the project website).

Also, existing MN 67 between Granite Falls and the state park entrance will become a new route:  MN 167.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 10:14:23 pm »
I've found a photo of at least one new MN 167 sign.  That's enough for me to where I'm starting to put this change in.

Yakra, can you run your magic script and find out who specifically this will impact?  There will be some changes with this that are not mitigable....

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 11:13:41 am »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6393

Nobody was using the MN67_E label on MN 23, so good there.  There were, however, users using the MN23_W and CR21 labels on MN 67 so that will result in some changes.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 01:00:34 pm »
There are only 4 travelers on MN274, so no script, just eyeballing that instead. :)
All 4 have it clinched. They could have their travels shown on this segment right out the gate by:
• making MN274 an AltRouteName of MN67
• making 2ndAve an AltLabel of... CR6 I presume, where MN67 will make its 90° turn.
• making MN23 an AltLabel of the new MN23_W point.

On MN67:

All travelers with affected .lists:
froggie kramer nationalscenicbyways nezinscot terminal_moraine twinsfan87

Those who update via GitHub (TM usernames):
froggie nationalscenicbyways nezinscot terminal_moraine twinsfan87

GitHub usernames:
@ajfroggie @si404 @denishanson @mbeller2016 @dccooldude2002

Those left over who update by email:
kramer

The following users have travels from beyond the W "pivot point" to beyond the E "pivot point", and will have their travels incorrectly shown on the new alignment:
froggie (though I'm confident you're aware of the situation :) )
kramer
terminal_moraine

CR21 is used by nationalscenicbyways.
CRB1 is used by twinsfan87.
These could both be added as AltLabels to MN167 to avoid breaking their .lists.

nezinscot is using MN23_W, but no breakage here, as he already has MN23 traveled down past what will be the new MN MN67 MN23_W point.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca