Author Topic: MT: BL-15 Helena  (Read 426 times)

Offline US 89

• Last Login:March 15, 2024, 08:50:53 am
MT: BL-15 Helena
« on: June 04, 2022, 07:54:35 pm »
It appears TM has a portion of the I-15 business loop through Helena on the wrong roads. TM has the business loop following 11th Ave and Last Chance Gulch between the 11th/Montana and Last Chance/Lyndale intersections, but it looks like the business loop just follows Montana and Lyndale between those two points (in other words, concurrent with US 12).

I was up there a month ago and did not see any sort of BL-15 signage on this downtown portion, but it is apparently signed on Lyndale eastbound just past Last Chance (http://www.corcohighways.org/highways/mt/15helena/12to229/1.jpg).

A little frustrating, as that means I didn't actually complete my intended clinch of that business loop.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: MT: BL-15 Helena
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 10:49:42 pm »
So this route has come up before:

OK, usually if there's signage from the interstate that's usually a good reason to keep something in the HB. If no one else has an objection, I'll take the US 12 business loop out in the next few days.

As I mentioned there, the only reason it's still in there at all is because it's signed from I-15. All the signage there is is just "TO" shields, so I'm not sure what the routing actually is. I'm fine with moving it to US 12; since there's no actual signage I can do whatever I want with it lol. Anyone else have any suggestions? Since the signage is so bad, I would drop it from the HB, but it's signed from I-15 at both ends...

Addendum: If you go to the MDT GIS system (here), the BL follows the route we currently have.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:08:41 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 10:57:35 pm »
Addendum: If you go to the MDT GIS system (here), the BL follows the route we currently have.

So, I'd say leave it as is then. If signage is inconsistent or unclear, defer to what's official on paper.

Offline US 89

• Last Login:March 15, 2024, 08:50:53 am
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 03:41:07 pm »

Heh, sure enough. I was looking for a MDT map like that but couldn't find it.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 10:02:53 pm »

So, I'd say leave it as is then. If signage is inconsistent or unclear, defer to what's official on paper.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do; I found that after I typed up most of my first post but didn't want to delete it lol.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton