Author Topic: CT: US 5, CT 73, and CT 157 Point Requests  (Read 570 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:20:11 am
CT: US 5, CT 73, and CT 157 Point Requests
« on: April 03, 2022, 08:23:22 pm »
Myself (and probably a few others) would like to have a point at Aurora St (just north of CT 8 ) as we turned here as part of touring the I-84/CT 8 Construction during the Waterbury/Meriden, CT, Meet yesterday.  A point on US 5 at Britannia St would be useful as well.

I could also personally use a point on CT 157 at Jackson Hill Rd (north of CT 147). (This was due to me following CT 157 NB north of CT 147 by accident.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 10:23:13 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 08:44:10 pm
    • New York State Roads
Re: CT: US 5, CT 73, and CT 157 Point Requests
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 09:55:51 pm »
I was wondering whether you were going to request that point on CT 73.  I've been learning not to assume that I can plan travels to smooth out the map based on whether a meet tour doesn't go on a complete segment of a route (which would therefore make it a non-factor for TM purposes).

Similarly, CT 68 could use a point where the access for CT 8 is.  It didn't end up as one that would have been used by meet attendees, but it was supposed to be - it just so happens that the signs for CT 69 from CT 42 are gone, so we missed the turn and ended up using CT 63 instead.  It's just as well; my map looks nicer with the graph connection.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 10:41:21 pm »
I was wondering whether you were going to request that point on CT 73.  I've been learning not to assume that I can plan travels to smooth out the map based on whether a meet tour doesn't go on a complete segment of a route (which would therefore make it a non-factor for TM purposes).

I even told Duke87 that I wondered whether I would be the first to do that one. 

Similarly, CT 68 could use a point where the access for CT 8 is.  It didn't end up as one that would have been used by meet attendees, but it was supposed to be - it just so happens that the signs for CT 69 from CT 42 are gone, so we missed the turn and ended up using CT 63 instead.  It's just as well; my map looks nicer with the graph connection.

I did not realize that pretty much everyone missed that turn.  Duke87 and I ended up with a clinch (or in Duke87's case a reclinch) of CT 42. (giving me 5 truly clinched 42s (DE, MD, PA, NJ, CT) and the middle section of VA 42)  (I also clinched the southern section of NY 42 on the trip home.)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 01:08:49 am
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 11:50:53 am »
a point at Aurora St (just north of CT 8 )
Looks reasonable. Added.

A point on US 5 at Britannia St would be useful as well.
I'm more Meh about this one. Was it also used by a number of people at the meet?

I could also personally use a point on CT 157 at Jackson Hill Rd (north of CT 147). (This was due to me following CT 157 NB north of CT 147 by accident.)
A little meh, but I'll add it under the CHM "collaborator perks" doctrine. What the hey, it's a major enough road for CT157 to have a stop sign.
Oh bother. That brings it out of tolerance here. WadSt added.

CT 68 could use a point where the access for CT 8 is.
Added.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 12:05:00 pm »
A point on US 5 at Britannia St would be useful as well.

It was a turn on the early part of the meet after visiting the Meriden Traffic Control Tower.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 01:08:49 am
  • I like C++
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 12:14:05 pm »
Fair enough; added for the sake of the meet attendees.

Added to https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5698
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca