Author Topic: usagu (Guam Territorial Highways)  (Read 4348 times)

Online si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:33:55 am
usagu (Guam Territorial Highways)
« on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »
This system is almost ready for activation. Any comments?

http://tm.teresco.org/devel/hb.php?sys=usagu

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
Re: usagu (Guam Territorial Highways)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 07:21:15 pm »
If you can give me at least through the weekend, I'd like to take a look, having traveled extensively there years ago on Navy trips.

Online si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:34:14 pm »
If you can give me at least through the weekend
Of course I can!

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:36:57 pm »
Some thoughts/comments:

- I'm disinclined to think that GU 1 extends onto the Navy Base.  I know some maps and older data files show it, but I don't recall any signage on base, nor would it make sense since the Navy has jurisdiction on roads inside the gate.  I'd make the western end of the route at GU 2A.

- Some of the GU 1 points seem a little off-center, specifically at GU6_W, GU30, GU14_E, GU27A, and GU9 (which should be at the road to Anderson AFB).

- I believe the GU 2/GU 4 transition point is in error.  Contrary to what's on the Goog and OSM, local maps and data files I have show the transition point in Umatac itself, instead of near the Umatac/Merizo line as we currently show.  The data files put the transition point here.  This would require truncating the GU 2 list to this point (could probably eliminate the FraIseLn point in the process, and extending the GU 4 list to here (would probably require an extra shaping point or two).

- Would a shaping point be needed on GU2A between 5 and 1?

- The GU 5/GU 12 transition point is off the roadway a bit, but in the right general area.

- GU 6:  suggest adding a point at the Asan Bay Overlook.  It's part of the National Military Park that commemorates the battle for the island during WW2.  Also suggest a shaping point southeast of PowRd to soften the angle of the other shaping point.

- GU 7A:  suggest a point at W O'Brien Dr.

- GU 8:  suggest adding a point at what OSM labels "Maga Haga Hwy".  It's a new roadway built as a backdoor route to the airport.  Google Maps doesn't show it.  GMSV shows the road under construction, but newer aerial imagery shows it as complete and open, as does OSM.

- GU 9:  suggest a shaping point or a point at Chalan Mapagahes?

- GU 10A:  the SunBlvd point is a ways off from where it should be.  Where it's currently plotted is the junction of the airport access road and Sunset Blvd.

- GU 11:  this route actually follows what OSM calls "Glass Breakwater Access Rd".  It ends in this general vicinity.  However, I would like to request an additional point roughly here.  When I was last on Guam, this point marked the entrance to the Port of Guam, and was restricted access west of it.  Today, one can go all the way out to the end of GU 11 and beyond, as evidenced on GMSV.

- The GU 14/GU 14A and GU 14/GU 14B points seen a little off-center.

- Not directly relevant to TM, but my first time on Guam, my ship moored at one of the piers near the end of GU 18.

- One route to add:  GU 24A (Hagatna Heights to Sinajana).  It's signed along GU 7.  On the GU 4 list, would require adding a point at Chalan Canton Tutujan.  On the GU 7 list, would require either shifting the GU7A point to the east leg of the wye or adding a new point for GU24A.

- The west end of GU 33 is at GU 7A, not GU 8.

Online si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 12:27:10 pm »
How's it looking now?

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:17:40 am »
GU 1/GU 9 point is still a block off.  Should be at the road intersection that OSM labels "Marine Dr" and the Goog labels "Anderson AFB".  Otherwise looks good.

Online si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 03:26:19 pm »
Any further comments? I plan to activate this system at the end of the month.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 04:58:04 pm »
Nothing further from me.