Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

Europe Tier-4 systems progress superthread (UNECE)

<< < (2/18) > >>

si404:

--- Quote from: michih on March 21, 2016, 01:37:38 pm ---Would be great if Faroe, Iceland, Norway and Sweden could be the next systems done because they are the only countries which don't appear in the highway browser. Sweden and Norway only appear if you enter the (correct but unknown) country code in the region filter box :).
--- End quote ---
I'd imagine that the issue of country codes will be sorted will be before the Swedish and Norwegian systems (and SWE and NOR are not only ISO-3116-3, but really obvious).

Unlike most of the European systems I've added recently, I can't knock any of these out in 2 hours, save maybe the Faroe Islands. They are big, complex, slightly confusing (esp Norway where its hard to discern between Rv and former Rv), and existing routes aren't much help (unlike Pakistan and Iran Asian Highways where tier 1 systems gave a lot of route mileage, or most of the recent Europe tier 4 systems, where E Roads run concurrent with a lot of the roads). Norway has mountains and ferries, Iceland has mountains, Sweden is simply huge.

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on March 21, 2016, 05:15:05 pm ---I'd imagine that the issue of country codes will be sorted
--- End quote ---

How should it be sorted?

--- Quote from: si404 on March 21, 2016, 05:15:05 pm ---They are big, complex, slightly confusing
--- End quote ---

Ok. No problem. I just thought it would be nice if these countries could be pushed (and I'd like to add some Swedish roads I've traveled  ;D).

si404:

--- Quote from: michih on March 22, 2016, 01:22:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: si404 on March 21, 2016, 05:15:05 pm ---I'd imagine that the issue of country codes will be sorted
--- End quote ---

How should it be sorted?
--- End quote ---
A more accessible list, or a drop down box (like CHM had), or something.
--- Quote ---(and I'd like to add some Swedish roads I've traveled  ;D).
--- End quote ---
I'm trying to work on eursf additions in Sweden and Norway, but the Scandinavians are nowhere near as good at naming their motorways as the Danes or Finns, so it's proving hard going to get them. That said, that will only give some urban roads and parts of Rv40 as additional clinched routes.

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on March 23, 2016, 03:57:46 am ---
--- Quote from: michih on March 22, 2016, 01:22:22 pm ---
--- End quote ---
How should it be sorted?
--- End quote ---
A more accessible list, or a drop down box (like CHM had), or something.
--- End quote ---

Got it. I thought you mean it could be sorted short-term because anyone is working on it ;).

I've added an issue on github: https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/49.

si404:
Because I was feeling nice, I outlined the Rv roads in Sweden and Norway today (mostly only points where they intersect other routes), making a start on those systems. Sweden was tedium, Norway was annoying in other ways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version