Author Topic: Australia  (Read 70781 times)

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
Re: Australia
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2021, 07:55:45 pm »
These are State Routes, that happen to be city-related and were numbered and given different shields because they were more important and used as through roads (url=http://www.expressway.online/gallery/roads/qld/numbered/metroads/images/opener.jpg]sign marking them out[/url]. In fact, most of them were part of the National Network before (which, like in the US, is managed by the states but given money by the national government) and became M roads after. I'm treating them like R1 in Adelaide and the bannered national routes - because that's effectively what they were.
Interesting.  That's certainly not something you don't see everywhere.  I wonder why they chose to do it that way.

I've treated ausa and ausn as continental systems, putting them on the same tier as eure and asiah.
I just noticed that when browsing the HB last night.  Interesting that Europe and Asia put those systems in Tier 3 while the equivalents in North America went into Tier 2.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:44:01 pm
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:55 am »
Interesting that Europe and Asia put those systems in Tier 3 while the equivalents in North America went into Tier 2.

Europe has secondary freeway / expressway systems in Poland, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia,... which are "more important" than the international E routes.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:08:41 pm
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2021, 08:50:17 pm »
Knocking out a couple quick wins here to get the number of preview systems down, so here's ausnt and ausntc.

One overarching note regarding ausnt: all routes need to have their list file names changed from Bxx to NTxx

AUS-NT NT2:
- OK

AUS-NT NT8:
- ArtHR -> ArlHR

AUS-NT NT14:
- OK

AUS-NT NT23:
- OK

AUS-NT NT28:
- DalyRvrRd_W -> DalyRivRd_W

AUS-NT C4:
- DocRvr -> DocRiv

AUS-NT C5:
- OK

AUS-NT C12:
- N87 -> A87 and coords do not match corresponding point on A87

AUS-NT C16:
- A87 coords do not match corresponding point on A87

AUS-NT C24:

- OK

AUS-NT C80:
- find somewhere to add a visible point or two between B96 and A87? It's over 100 miles.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2021, 11:59:54 am »
ausnt and ausntc's low hanging fruit has been plucked.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2021, 12:10:31 am »
AUS-SA B1:
- WilRd -> WyrRd
- can remove BetRd, not necessary given two close other points. If kept, recenter and -> BeltRd
- ClayWellRd_N -> ClayWelRd_N
- consider adding a few points between B101_N and McIntWay, rather long gap for an only somewhat remote area

AUS-SA B19:
- YadDr -> YalDr

AUS-SA B34:
- MauRd_E -> MawRd_E
- RvrRd -> RivRd

All other AUS-SA Bs under 40 are good.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2021, 12:57:24 am »
AUS-SA B55:
- PicBoreRd -> PilBoreRd

AUS-SA B79:

- PosPkRd -> PosParkRd

AUS-SA B89:
- GeoTer -> GeoSt
- add point at Hughes/Wildman intersection in Wallaroo (major turn, improves route trace)

AUS-SA B100:
- HavRd -> TheHavDr
- consider adding a visible point or two between WilRd and JenAve, it's over 50 miles

AUS-SA B201:
- McKayRd -> McKRd
- WriRd -> WinRd

Everything else in aussab: OK

So the system is ready to go once this and the above post are addressed.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2021, 10:11:01 pm »
What's the rationale for having separate ausab & ausnb systems with 2 battered routes total each, rather than folding them into ausa & ausn?

Edit: Shenanigans.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 03:16:36 am by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2021, 07:00:15 am »
What's the rationale for having separate ausab & ausnb systems with 2 battered routes total each, rather than folding them into ausa & ausn?
Because that's how they originally were. I could merge them, with ausr, into a 5 route system as an alternative to folding them in. I probably will fold them in.
Edit: Shenanigans.
I'll turn that signed double-back into a branch - I've got to go and fix / finish that system anyway. victd is one of those badly-documented systems where you end up finding more and more routes as you are going, rather than there being a decent map. I ought to add the ones I find to wikipedia and OSM. (eg I found one TD6x route marked on OSM, then went on GMSV to see if it was signed, and found another 3 routes!).

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2021, 12:52:19 am »
Full peer review of aussf:

- given local nomenclature, might "Australia Select Named Motorways" be a better name for the system?
- AUS-ACT AdeAve: Recommend removing CapCir Point (1PPI?), but it is a weird situation here generally
- AUS-NSW CahExp: list name should be CahExpy (matching precedent from usasf)
- AUS-NSW CroCityTun: suggest moving eastern terminus east to where carriageways meet Bayswater Rd. No direct connection to Ward Ave exists.
- AUS-NSW NCon: add waypoint for ramps to A28 near south end. Also, should this be extended north to where tunnels merge/diverge from M1?
- all the TAS and WA routes are entirely redundant with routes in ausn, ausa, ausb, or auswa and should be removed
- one minor maybe exception to the above: AUS-WA LeaHwy contains a short segment of Airport Drive that is not part of a numbered route. However, may be too short to merit inclusion on its own (1.9 km, glorified exit ramp)

- all else in ACT, NSW, QLD is OK, system ready to go once above items addressed

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2021, 01:37:27 pm »
- given local nomenclature, might "Australia Select Named Motorways" be a better name for the system?
There's three routes that are 'freeways' in the system, none that are 'motorways'. I defaulted to motorways, and realised that freeways fit better.
- AUS-NSW NCon: add waypoint for ramps to A28 near south end. Also, should this be extended north to where tunnels merge/diverge from M1?
Those A28 ramps are ramps to the M1. 1PPI, or a point there, and a point where the carraigeways merge? I've gone with the latter.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:21:57 pm by Duke87 »

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2021, 10:42:12 pm »
Those A28 ramps are ramps to the M1. 1PPI, or a point there, and a point where the carraigeways merge? I've gone with the latter.

Meanwhile a similar nearby situation with M2 and M1Syd maps both routes to where the carriageways merge...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:22:09 pm by Duke87 »

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2021, 05:45:53 am »

Meanwhile a similar nearby situation with M2 and M1Syd maps both routes to where the carriageways merge...
Indeed, which is why I went with the latter option rather than 1PPI - keeping the M1_S +M1 point, and extending the route to a new point on the M1 where the carriageways merge.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:22:27 pm by Duke87 »

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2021, 06:17:22 pm »
Discussion of grab bag system overlap has been moved to a new thread dedicated for such.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:22:59 pm by Duke87 »

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2021, 12:45:20 pm »
I've removed the Tasmanian aussf routes as they aren't very coherent. Western Australia to wait for more of the grabbag discussion.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2021, 04:31:56 pm »
I've removed the Western Australian freeways (but can easily readd them at a later point, should that be decided) and the aussf system will be activated with the next site update