Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

Rest of America Master Thread

<< < (4/7) > >>

michih:

--- Quote from: neroute2 on May 30, 2020, 06:22:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on February 16, 2019, 06:52:40 pm ---Any plans to include the Autopista systems for Chile and Argentina?  They're wholly concurrent with the other numbered routes, but there is precedent for that (New Zealand).

--- End quote ---
In neither country does the autopista system seem to be a defined system. So probably not.

--- End quote ---

I fully agree but it's the very same with nzlmot "system". Or eursf system usage in northern Europe.
The reason is that the developer wanted to highlight freeways. Which is a fair reason because it's the interest of some / many users.

neroute2:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on February 13, 2019, 08:32:09 pm ---Chile Rutas Nacionales do not appear to be signed particularly thoroughly, but signs do exist. Also sometimes text instead of shield.

--- End quote ---

A rare secondary route shield: https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.5703958,-70.8167454,3a,15y,81.31h,89.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sc1w_rQTP2CPGUQPekQb5Gg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

jayhawkco:

--- Quote from: bhemphill on July 01, 2021, 09:41:10 pm ---Only top 5, not 10? :D  Just giving you a hard time Yakra, I know I am close in those other lists.  It will be nice when those ranks are listed on the user page instead of TBD, and/or having a page where the ranks are fully listed.  Then you won't have to grep for curiosity either.  You know it killed the cat. :D  Not having travelled in a while has meant that my recent adds have come from waiting for new roads to be mapped, although there is very little of that left now.  I'll get my planned trips rescheduled here sometime though and get back to adding again.

--- End quote ---

I, too, am waiting for some other regions to be added.  I have mileage in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Bolivia, Ecuador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, St. Lucia, Svalbard, and Peru that I want to bring into the fold.  On that note, I can't wait to travel internationally again.  It was great traveling more extensively in the U.S. during the past year and a half, but I'm ready to feel another culture for sure.

Chris

si404:

--- Quote from: jayhawkco on July 02, 2021, 01:05:50 am ---St. Lucia, Svalbard
--- End quote ---
If I'd found any evidence of some system I could map rather than just "there's some roads", you'd be able to map those travels already.

I'm having another look.

Svalbard looks like the most you'd get is the road through Longyearbyen to the airport and a radar station. There's only 40km of roads in total, most of which are short little residential roads in the 4 villages (none of which are linked together), and that road is 20 of them (mostly unpaved). OSM labels it '400', but GMSV shows no number from what I can see (though it doesn't do the more major bit between airport and settlement).

St Lucia seems to classify its road network into 'primary', 'secondary' (and presumably a lower category), but no numbers and certainly no signs. See also Bermuda, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, St Kitts & Nevis, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, Dominica, St Vincent & the Grenadines and Grenada.

jayhawkco:

--- Quote from: si404 on July 02, 2021, 05:13:59 am ---
--- Quote from: jayhawkco on July 02, 2021, 01:05:50 am ---St. Lucia, Svalbard
--- End quote ---
If I'd found any evidence of some system I could map rather than just "there's some roads", you'd be able to map those travels already.

I'm having another look.

Svalbard looks like the most you'd get is the road through Longyearbyen to the airport and a radar station. There's only 40km of roads in total, most of which are short little residential roads in the 4 villages (none of which are linked together), and that road is 20 of them (mostly unpaved). OSM labels it '400', but GMSV shows no number from what I can see (though it doesn't do the more major bit between airport and settlement).

St Lucia seems to classify its road network into 'primary', 'secondary' (and presumably a lower category), but no numbers and certainly no signs. See also Bermuda, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, St Kitts & Nevis, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, Dominica, St Vincent & the Grenadines and Grenada.

--- End quote ---

And fair enough.  I hadn't thought that much about if they were signed; I was only thinking about other countries where I had driven/ridden.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version