Author Topic: freeways missing from usasf  (Read 16643 times)

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:07:55 pm
Re: freeways missing from usasf
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2022, 09:09:43 pm »
I have Northern Parkway drafted but I'm waiting for the currently under construction extension to El Mirage to open before I put it up. So that will be added, sit tight.

Fain Road is disqualified by its at-grade intersection with Sara Jane Lane - not a freeway because of that.

Offline IMGoph

• Last Login:April 11, 2024, 11:07:17 am
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2022, 09:15:05 am »
It's interesting to note that the "Brooklyn Queens Expressway East" has reference markers for I-278, which treat it as a sixth segment of such (note the second line). Staten Island is X6M1, Brooklyn is X2M2, Queens is X5M3, Manhattan is X4M4, The Bronx is X1M5, and the east BQE is X5M6.

There is maybe an argument to be made that this should be in usai as "I-278 (Jackson Heights, NY)" but I dunno.

If in usasf I agree with "BQExpyE". The name in question does not appear on any signs but has consistently appeared on maps over the years, at least.

Exit numbering gives me a little heartburn. There are no numbering collisions, but still. I'd say it counts as >1 sequence.
If there is more than one exit number sequence for a highway and no concurrent route to explain it, suggest a proposal in the forum what parenthetical distinction should be used. All exit numbers in a sequence get the same parenthetical suffix.
I suggest 43(278) for the one. And the other? Oy... 5(Gra) would fit with the other similar styles the manual does recommend for concurrencies.

I think you can get away with 3 point labels:
I-278
GraCenPkwy

and that avoids any exit numbering problems. "Exit 5" gets 1PPI'ed in with the last of those 3, and since there is no exit number for the mainline default into the Grand Central Parkway that point doesn't need to be labeled with a number.

As for NY 984J (that's the reference route number for the Hutch-684 connector), well, the option of putting it in usai as "I-684 (Harrison, NY)" is also out there.

Otherwise, yeah, it has neither a signed name nor a common name. If putting this in usasf I'd... frankly I'd just put it in as NY984J, since that's as real as any other of the names you pulled up but likely to be recognized by more people (I certainly know it as "984J" but had no idea any of those other names existed!)

Has there been any progress to get that BQE-East bit on the east side of St. Michael's Cemetery added in? It's a weird gap in the data, and I'd love to be able to show it connecting existing clinched segments.

Offline IMGoph

• Last Login:April 11, 2024, 11:07:17 am
GA: Interstate 50
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2022, 09:55:43 pm »
Maybe we can get the Jekyll Island Causeway added to the usasf system as Interstate 50, on a lark: https://web.archive.org/web/20171016221018/http://sp.route.transportation.org/Documents/USRN_Minutes_5-5-06.pdf

;)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:09:21 am
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2023, 04:37:40 am »
For the record, PA Highland Park Bridge is officially out of the running to be added to usasf (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=5738.msg2728938#msg2728938).

Those new traffic lights are now visible in StreetView.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/d7xboAFa8jKuXcvZA

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:38:32 pm
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2023, 06:24:31 am »
Someone in the 6-lane thread noted the lack of Jamboree Rd being included from the 6lane.list file.  (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33329.msg2876948#msg2876948)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:27:11 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2023, 01:04:44 am »
Someone in the 6-lane thread noted the lack of Jamboree Rd being included from the 6lane.list file.  (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33329.msg2876948#msg2876948)

I posted on AARoads a response -- basically, underwhelmed about adding a two-mile county freeway to TM just for our 6lane side project. Any disagreement on that, I can reconsider once I'm back home by the end of this month from the other end of California.

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:April 15, 2024, 05:29:14 pm
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2024, 08:42:36 pm »
Re the LL Tisdale Pkwy in Tulsa: yes, it does have an at-grade intersection at its north end: its intersection with the Gilcrease Expy, which is in the HB. OSM shows both of these routes as county-maintained there (the eastern part of the Gilcrease is OK 11 and the future section will be OTA-controlled). It's about 3 miles long according to Wikipedia, so I wouldn't mind seeing it added in.
Hate to dig up an old relic, but I would like to request clarification on LL Tisdale and Gilcrease.

LL Tisdale: I did not see this get added.  Keeping it off?  It is fully signed and runs up one block past Gilcrease.
Gilcrease: I do not see signage of Gilcrease east of US 75 - though the USDOT has it in their roll, I understand that this is Highway 11 based on signage.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed